5E Character Create Playlist

FG for an in-person game.

I'm currently using "Realm Works" to help run games at my table (in person rather than online). It handles using a second monitor to display player info very nicely. What it doesn't do is allow for a dynamic battle map set-up, with tokens that can be easily moved.

Can Fantasy Grounds be used for this? Basically a virtual battle field for in person gaming.

Another thought. Would it work to open two browser windows on the same system, one for the GM and one for the players view?

Blog Entries
    yes - a number of groups do something similar.
    you can run a localhost session to generate the player view and display that on the second screen and keep the GM data on your screen.

Blog Entries
    You can run two copies of FG on one machine with the same license. On the 2nd instance, Join the game "localhost" and choose to activate all the players. The GM can then share items like hand-outs, the battlemap and the combat encounter. When I run local face-to-face games, I still let my players roll their own dice and just peek at NPC defenses so I can manually tell if they were successful or not before applying damage. I can, however, use the automation for my NPCs and monsters when I attack the players since I personally prefer that over rolling the dice.

You can open 2 FG instances on the same PC - the GM instance and a player instance (connect to the GM using an address of localhost). This will allow you to have a screen showing the info for the players and one for the GM.

A lot of people use Fantasy Grounds for face-to-face games - showing battle maps, tokens, combat tracker, and other information tracking. All of the info is saved and stored for the next time you open the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks like it is time to download a demo...

The demo may scare you off. It has a high learning curve. It would be better to watch the program in use. Here are some videos of Pathfinder Skinsaw Murders in progress.
    Last edited by Bidmaron; June 10th, 2014 at 21:03.

It works especially well if you can set it up as an Extended Desktop on a TV with a wireless mouse and even better if you can run on a 2nd computer as you don't have to worry about the mouse and such. Even without that I found it much, much easier for running in person if you've setup the adventure in FG as you can reference Enemies, Spells/Powers, Items and story much, much easier. I usually use a tablet with a pen, biggest hassle was putting together the combat tracker and initiative for players.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information