5E Character Create Playlist

Creating new ruleset based on CoreRPG

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum section. The CoreRPG section seems to be more oriented towards discussions regarding actual RPGs rather than technical problems.

I'm trying to create a new ruleset from scratch using CoreRPG. Before I even start any customizations, I did a check to see that simply extracting and repackacing CoreRPG works using FGPEMUtility.exe. When I do this, I get a bunch of errors on startup and the GM screen looks like the following image I've attached.

Am I doing something wrong?

MODERATOR: Moved to Workshop forum.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 31st, 2014 at 20:35.

Cant see the png, need to swap it out with a jpg

When I edit a ruleset, I take the pak file copy/paste onto another folder on my drive...

Then I change .pak to .zip and extract it...

Then modify the xml/lua with Notpad+, when done rezip and change .zip to .pak under a new name.
    Then throw it back into the Ruleset folder and pray as I try it in FG.

I'm not a scripter, I do learn from example, and I like seeing the xml (convert it in my brain) and then start my kung-fu on it.
    I've never done it by scratch... too much for me.
    Last edited by Magnatude; May 31st, 2014 at 20:09.
    ULTIMATE License GM

IVE BEEN HERE FOREVER!

Traveller, C&C, Cypher System!

AKA: ☆𝟚𝟠𝕞𝕞ℝℙ𝔾☆ Youtube

There is no need to repack if you are developing. It is best to develop against a ruleset in directory form rather than .pak as you can make changes and simply /reload the ruleset without having to repack as well.

Follow the steps in post #1 in this thread and you should get started OK: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks guys. What seemed to solve it was renaming .pak to .zip and extracting the files using a different zip utility (the built-in one that Windows has). For some reason extracting the .pak with FGPEMUtility.exe consistently produces errors, even if I load the ruleset using the directory without repacking.

Thread Information