DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tables and Dice rolls.

Hi,

I have a couple of questions.

First
    Is there a way to get a table to roll on another table?
    What I want is to roll for the chance of an encounter, and if one occurs, roll against an encounter table to see what it is - all automatically!
    e.g.
    Table1: d20: 1-18 "No Encounter"; 19-20 "Encounter! (1d10 on table2)"
    Table2: d10: 1-4 Sleeping Policeman; 5-7 1d3 Dire Zebra Crossing; 8-10 2d4 Pelican Crossing Swarm

Second
    How do I get those encounter numbers to show up? So I get net result "Encounter!: 2 Dire Zebra Crossing" instead of having to roll twice and getting both "Encounter! (1d10 on table2)" and then "1d3 Dire Zebra Crossing" and still having to make a dice roll.

TIA

1) If you use [<Table Name>] as a table label and that row comes up then the table whose name is listed will be rolled as a second roll.

In your example above, use [Table2] as your row "label" for 19-20 in Table1. Don't have anything else in the row label otherwise it won't recognise it as a table.

2) I'm not aware of a direct way to have dice from a label roll. So you'll still have to make the final roll for 1d3 Zebra, or whatever. If you really wanted to, you could make an additional table for each animal and have 1 = 1 Zebra, 2 = 2 Zebra, 3 = 3 Zebra in a "1d3 Zebra" table, but this would be a lot of work and each table would be tied to a specific animal AND a die type.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks.

For 1), you can also drag and drop table link from table record window or tables list onto a cell in another table record. This will also trigger cascading table rolls.

Cheers,
    JPG

Oooh - I will give it a try! Thanks.

Thread Information