STAR TREK 2d20

Max number of dices?

While digging around on the topic, I found this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...aximum-No-Dice

But I did not find anything more about it. So first question, is the "max 30 dice" still a hard coded limit?

If it is, a second question question... Where should I file and push for a change? Preferable so it becomes a configurable soft limit (a "set this variable in your module if you want something else").

And as a third question: Any good ideas on how to work around it? I'm currently thinking it might be possible through a wrapper function. So while the pool might be 52 dices, it calls for a 30-pool and a 22-pool and add the results together.

Seems like the maximum amount of dice that can be thrown at the same time still is 30, regardless of their type. I suppose a LUA function that first throws 30 dice, saves that result into a variable, then throws another bunch and adds the results together would work.

EDIT: Can't figure out a good reason for the limitation, other than the stress on the system caused by a few thousand dice being thrown. So, while I have no idea what the execution is like, it should be reasonably easy to modify should Smiteworks choose to do so.
    Last edited by joeru; May 17th, 2014 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundgren View Post
    Where should I file and push for a change?
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I assume it would be a simple change as well. At least if it is from a constant somewhere to a variable with a pre-set value, then make it configurable. That way, none of the evaluation code would have to be altered (and there would still be a block if anyone accidentally or maliciously made a 100000000D10 roll, or a freak of nature roll with exploding dices ending up with a ridiculous high number of dices).

Thread Information