STAR TREK 2d20

Considering buying Gamer client

So, i have been checking into FG a few times already but could never really work myself up to buy it, mainly because i am wondering how easy or hard it is to find a group to play with.
    So...how is it? Is the basic client enough? Are there plenty of groups? I am severely lacking my pen and paper dose, and im really interested in very regular play sessions.
    But i wouldnt wanna spend 30 Bucks on a program that then rots on my hd without ever being used.

In general you won't find a game straight away, but those who have patience will usually get a regular game within 1-2 weeks - if they are proactive and look for games being offered. There are many member of the community who play 2+ sessions a week on Fantasy Grounds with established groups - but it will have taken them a while to find games that are running which interest them and with groups that they enjoy playing with. Just like playing RPGs face-to-face you get on with some GMs and Players and others you don't.

If you have at least the lite license then you will have a lot more options to join a game, rather than trying to find a GM with an ultimate license.

Right at this moment, FG Con IV is running (click on the image in my signature) - there are some spots in games available, you might want to get in a game or two and start making contacts in the community. You can play for free for the duration of FG Con.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Lanatir, wait until tomorrow. We will have a 25% sale for the Full license (which is what we are selling on Steam.) That means you can get it for $30 instead of the Player only license for $24.

Blog Entries

Thread Information