Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and recommendations!

The setting I will be using for this game is one I have not played or gm'ed in over 20 years: Hârn. For those who don't know the world, it is a gritty early medieval UK-like setting where extra-ordinary abilities are folk lore. No one has seen the effect of magic, religions are mainly political bodies preying on people's fear and imagination, and the threat of death comes from animals, human violence, disease and hunger.

A rule system (Hârnmaster) exists, but I'd rather focus on story and role playing than on technical implementation within FG.

I have decided I will be using a modified version of Rolemaster Classic to run this game. It has the right level of brutality in its combat, and enough skills to let the players have fun with their character development. There are plenty of classes in the companions that do not have spells that I won't need to come up with mechanics to rebuild classes that rely on supernatural abilities.
    Rolemaster already have herbal médecine, so healing wounds without magic is covered, and so is death from bloodloss.

Thanks again everyone; your feedback was interesting and helped my thinking.

Blog Entries
    Hârn? RMC?

Yay!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    I would think using RMC in place of HârnMaster should meet your needs. You can still use Hârn as your world. For years, before PC's became commonplace, I used RM for the characters and combat, AD&D for magic and Hârn as the world.

There is also GURPS as there is a HârnMaster to GURPS document floatng around the internet somewhere but ideally I would like to see a HârnMaster Ruleset, even with little to no auto function. Just to have an accurate, functioning character sheet would be enough.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    @damned. Saw that and have been trying to get signed up but running into problems so I posted over in the New project: Ruleset wizard thread.
    Sorry for derailing your thread lachancery.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; May 28th, 2014 at 05:14.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Iron Heroes is great for Conan style stuff...

I'm currently using 3.5e with some slight modifications easy to do in 3.5e Ruleset

1. "Tokens", meaning points earned for special bonuses: I create a Spell Class, rename it "Token Pool", add 0 level spells as Character level+10, so a 3rd level character has 13 potential tokens per Token-type...
    Name each "Spell" as per Token Pools needed... ex: "Dodge Tokens" "Deception Tokens"....
    Switch on Spell Preparation, this displays a number of circle bubbles to tick on-off

2. Armor Damage Reduction: Add a new Spell Class, rename it "Armor Damage Reduction" add 0 level spell
    Add a Cure Light Wounds and change the properties to match the damage reduction per Armor worn. It will heal back the damage when the RED cross is pressed

3. Add "Base Defence" bonus as "Natural Armor" on the Combat Tab when adjusting your Armor Class (known as Defence in IH)

I'll also add/replicate this post in the current IH Forum as well.
    ULTIMATE License GM

IVE BEEN HERE FOREVER!

Traveller, C&C, Cypher System!

AKA: ☆𝟚𝟠𝕞𝕞ℝℙ𝔾☆ Youtube

VenomousFiligree
    I would like to see a Barbarians of Lemuria ruleset, this would be ideal imo and as Valarian indicated, yes it is one of my favourite systems!

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousFiligree View Post
    I would like to see a Barbarians of Lemuria ruleset, this would be ideal imo and as Valarian indicated, yes it is one of my favourite systems!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...th-BoL-or-BotA Post #6 has a link to a basic ruleset.

You might want to PM MurghBpurn to see how far he got with the ruleset he mentioned in later posts in that thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We're playing Warhammer Fantasy RP 2nd edition right now and it's very low fantasy (albeit with some chaos/disease occurences). Only humans and probably won't be much magic besides what the us players end up getting. Incredibly fun thus far, for the few sessions we've played.
    We're using the Core RPG Rogue Trader ruleset where we switched out the hit location image and disregard the Perception attribute.

GURPs is my personal favorite RPG system of all time, because it is whatever you make it to be. GURPs has Tech Levels... so you choose what level the technology is in your world and players can only buy weapons and gear up to that tech level. Also magic is determined by the Magery level set by the GM so you can choose how much magic is in your world... if you set it to Magery level 1 then magic is possible but very rare, etc. Also GURPs is the most realistic system I've ever played. Where a common man with a sword can actually pose a threat... if he's lucky enough to hit you well then it's pretty realistic what would happen if you actually got hit by a sword.

Thread Information