FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 24 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Also if you click on 'Help' in the top bar there are links there to the manual and to online resources.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

When you install CC3 and CC3+, in the installation directory there is a subdirectory called Documentation. It should contain documentation for any of the ProFantasy software you've installed. It also will contain some PDFs of tutorials, depending on which products you have installed. The tutorials are excellent.

On YouTube, a user named Joe Sweeney (joesweeney88) has put together some really excellent video tutorials to run you through the basics and even some advanced topics for CC3.

Lastly, the ProFantasy forum community is equally as good as this most excellent forum community. People there are helpful, patient, and informed.

Good luck. CC3 and CC3+ have a learning curve to be sure, but there are many solid, excellent resources out there to help you.

Just be aware that the Joe Sweeney videos are more than 7 years old now and an awful lot has changed since then.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If I get Campaign Cartographer 3+ and the Dungeons of Schley add-on, is that all I need to create dungeon maps? Does Dungeons of Schley have corridor, cave walls, and floors that I need? or is that Dungeon Design add-on needed? Thanks for any help.
    [ ☠ ] [Ultimate License][5e][ ☠ ]

If it's in your budget, get the Dungeon Designer add-on.

Boomer
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    If it's in your budget, get the Dungeon Designer add-on.

Boomer
    thanks for the response. what does it do that I cannot with Dungeons of Schley? Or is it just "more stuff"? What Im asking is can I start with CC3+ and Dungeons of Schley? Thanks.
    Last edited by dudeslife; August 7th, 2016 at 18:30.

Dungeons of Schley is essentially a themed package which includes various symbols and textures in a certain style. It won't allow you to draw dungeons as such. Dungeon Designer is an add on which contains tools and other things which allows you to draw dungeons. CC3+ on it's own will allow you to draw dungeons too but it is really geared to overland maps. It doesn't contain many symbols for dungeons; it's mainly geographical features. To be able to draw decent dungeons you want CC3+ with DD3+. The optional symbols sets 3 and 4 (4 being dungeons of Schley) adds more stuff to enhance dungeon design. Symbol sets 1 and 2 are more geared towards overland and city maps.

You can use SS4 with just CC3. You won't get the dungeon drawing tools (and lots of additional symbols) that come with DD3. See here for a bit more info: https://secure.profantasy.com/products/ss4_features.asp

You can buy just those two first and then add on DD3, SS3, etc. if you want more dungeon map specific drawing features and symbols.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Uh oh. CC3+ installed beautifully under wine.. DD3 is a problem. It appears to install but CC3+ doesn't see it. Anyone else successfully installed DD3 with Wine/Winery ? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeslife View Post
    Uh oh. CC3+ installed beautifully under wine.. DD3 is a problem. It appears to install but CC3+ doesn't see it. Anyone else successfully installed DD3 with Wine/Winery ? Thanks for any help.
    Did you download the DD3 or DD3+ install? There are different installation files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information