Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 24 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I came across "Other World Mapper" just now. Their kickstarter campaign ended successfully a month or so ago. They hope to have the product finished before end 2015, with an alpha before May 2015. You could get the basic package for $25 from kickstarter, or $35 for the one with more art. They want to make it DRM- and royalty-free. They seem to take a middle-ground between the ease of some programs, and the functionality of Campaign Cartographer (While also trying to avoid the latter one's learning curve).

Too bad I missed out on their kickstarter. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one, it looks like a good addition to have for running FG games.

Kickstarter campaign (ended)
    Their website: otherworldmapper.com
    You can find them on facebook, google+, and they have forums, all accessible from their website's "community" menu.

Any opinions on Dundjinni?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Years ago, it had some features/bugs that irritated me, but I've mellowed out considerably. I guess it's ok in my book. There's plenty of artwork to be found for it on their forums. I haven't used it in a while, but it also didn't see updates for it come out since then either. The owner of the company has sort of "disappeared" for quite a while (a few years now, I think), but I think you can still get the software. But ask on their forums first, to be sure. I remember you had to email a user called Kepli on the forums with your license key, and then he's set you up with a download to get it. Not sure if this is still going on.

Any know of a place to get texture for use in GIMP?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

You may use these for free for commercial or non-commercial use. For commercial use you need to give them credit and a link: https://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/index.htm

These are mostly tileable.

Blog Entries
    I like https://www.cgtextures.com and use the resources there quite often for base quick to use natural world textures. As for tileable I often just make my own; grab yourself a decent high MP digital camera, go out into the real world and snap away. In GiMP/Photoshop user High Pass and Offset filters to make the textures tilable. Simples!

If your into making your own textures you might find these tools interesting:

https://www.texturemaker.com
    https://neotextureedit.sourceforge.net

I use Neo Texture Edit quite a lot to create my own custom textures.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    Any know of a place to get texture for use in GIMP?
    DeviantArt has a good selection of textures as well.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    Any opinions on Dundjinni?
    I have had a lot of success with Dindjini. I still use it today. The folks in the forums are very helpful and supportive. But, unfortunately, the development has not kept up with the times and it is getting outdated.

-BearSpiritGuide

I have autodesk sketchbook which can be great for touching up (or blending away parts not wanted from maps you are working on) - especially if you can drop a hexagonal layer on top. Rivers and mountains can be made more realistic etc. You can generally pull the images into other programs afterwards if you wish.

The Vintyri project (open RPG symbols and fill styles) has updated it's cartographic collection with Campaign Cartographer 3 and 3+ installations: https://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/vccindex_cc.htm
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information