5E Character Create Playlist
Page 22 of 24 First ... 122021222324 Last
    A lot of these look very interesting, including the new Dungeon Draft. I havent bought them yet as I invested so much in CC3+. I'd hate to have to learn a new app now.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I've been trying to compare a few mapping tools that seem to fit the bill for my needs. I've narrowed down to arkenforge and dungeon fog. Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on these two programs. I think CC3 is too much for my needs.

Has anyone used these two programs? Any thoughts on them or pros/cons from their experience? Any other recommendations for something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by OGvarus View Post
    I've been trying to compare a few mapping tools that seem to fit the bill for my needs. I've narrowed down to arkenforge and dungeon fog. Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on these two programs. I think CC3 is too much for my needs.

Has anyone used these two programs? Any thoughts on them or pros/cons from their experience? Any other recommendations for something similar?
    I've heard good things about both. I've played with Arkenforge and it looks slick and is relatively easy to get up to speed on.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Oh, one more point for Arkenforge, apparently they recently added the ability to export for FGU including the line of sight. https://arkenforge.com/fantasy-grounds-unity/

Yes I saw that ability to export to FGU. Seems very slick if it works. Actually I think dungeon fog beinng subscription based is a point against it for me personally.

Through some more digging I also found another program, dungeondraft. Anyone have experience with it? Looks pretty nice as well

Quote Originally Posted by OGvarus View Post
    Through some more digging I also found another program, dungeondraft. Anyone have experience with it? Looks pretty nice as well
    Yeah, I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. It's pretty sweet and easy to use. They've added the ability to import and use your own assets, tiles, textures, etc. now. The developer is continually adding more, but I've pretty much switched to Dungeondraft as my main dungeon and battle map making program now that I can use any assets I need to make a dungeon. It's not quite as powerful as CC3+, it doesn't have layering (yet), and there is a definite 'style' to it, but using the imported assets from CC3+, I've been able to closely recreate some of my campaign cartographer maps in Dungeondraft.

One note on the importing process: I would not say it's a simple process to do (not like a simple drag and drop thing). There is a YouTube video that explains how to import and 'make' the asset packs, but if I can figure it out, pretty much anyone should be able to. There are many y/t videos of it in action, so I'd take a look at those (but note that most are older and were made when the import ability was not available.)

Lastly, just throwing this out there, the same developer makes a great world mapping/overland mapper called Wonderdraft. Again, very easy to use and more mature (as it's been around for a few years now).

Anyone who gets this please post whether you get one 3 or 4 bundle keys or one key per item?

I have little use for the offer only because I already bought all but the stuff in $1 level and the perspective 3 (gotta find out if any value to me) and the stuff with source (castles/temples) in top layer and from the product page those look pretty low quality compared to modern products by them (prob based on older CC)

But if get separate keys, maybe will pay $30 to get Persp and gift the stuff above $1 level except that to my friend

EDIT: I bought the $1 level since was sure would get that and can upgrade if necessary.
    Got 2 keys for the 3 items. Tokens was one key and Battlemaps and Floorplans was a 2 for 1 key.

So, still not sure if all get a separate key or not yet.
    Last edited by Varsuuk; June 18th, 2020 at 09:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Anyone who gets this please post whether you get one 3 or 4 bundle keys or one key per item?

I have little use for the offer only because I already bought all but the stuff in $1 level and the perspective 3 (gotta find out if any value to me) and the stuff with source (castles/temples) in top layer and from the product page those look pretty low quality compared to modern products by them (prob based on older CC)

But if get separate keys, maybe will pay $30 to get Persp and gift the stuff above $1 level except that to my friend

EDIT: I bought the $1 level since was sure would get that and can upgrade if necessary.
    Got 2 keys for the 3 items. Tokens was one key and Battlemaps and Floorplans was a 2 for 1 key.

So, still not sure if all get a separate key or not yet.
    Battlemaps and Floorplans share a key, but all the other products get their own separate keys.
    You only get one key for CC3+ itself (either a 1 year or lifetime one depending on the level you select).

Thread Information