DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 24 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Are these maps that you're posting Schley's style? I liked his maps in LMoP and HotDQ books. I don't know who Roberts is (no offence if you are reading this good person!).

The lighter ones are Schley's style. The black background one is Jon Roberts (he does the maps for A Song of Ice and Fire).

https://www.fantasticmaps.com

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    I don't even have any maps I want to create, I just want to play around with the software, it looks/sounds so fun.
    Yeah, that can be an issue - playing around without an end goal doesn't really make you learn how to fully use the app.

To play around pick a map from a scenario and re-create it in Campaign Cartographer. You'll learn a lot doing this, and get a great map at the end!

A good tip if recreating another map (if you have the original in digital form) is to import it and then set it on a sheet that has some transparency. This then gives you a see through image of the original map you can use to trace around. Some info in this thread: https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...cussionID=2321 In the 4th post I mention about making the map transparent.

For example, here's me using the Moathouse Dungeon map from T1-4 to aid me in quickly recreating the same map in CC3+:

Attachment 15045
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 16th, 2016 at 18:12.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post

What are the effects settings on your walls? They look so much better than the default.
    Each annual has a different graphics pack designed by an artist. Looks like he is just using that artist's set and basic layer effects. You can buy each annual separate depending on which styles of maps and icons you prefer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    I don't even have any maps I want to create, I just want to play around with the software, it looks/sounds so fun. Maybe I can hire myself out, I'll create maps in exchange for Tim Horton's double-doubles!
    I don't know if that would help - you'd still have to wait ages in their standard line-up. A long line at Tim Hortons should be put on the $50 bill.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    It won't install unless it finds CC3, but it's just a .pdf, and I think that's included as part of the downloads. You just won't get any of the example files.
    Regarding the Tome of Ultimate Mapping - the example files are now available in a CC3+ installation package. Get them from your "Downloads and Updates" page (login on the profantasy.com website and go to Service -> Login and Register).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yessir! I saw that when getting pdf on iPad. Looking forward to checking it out after prelim cods/reading is done.

Wish could toss it easily on my MacBook for lesson taking outside of den
    Prefer to do serious stuff in den cos 27" vs mbp15. But only thing I got in Mac for wijecwas steam installed fg client. I only recently yanked my bootcwmp (was only for visual studio) for extra drive space or id put it there temp while learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You may want to keep an eye on this for when the books start coming out later this year: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...als-guide-book
    Ran across this from a Zacc link. By now it has come out I am guessing. Did you get? What do you think about it? if it's not too much, may get for ideas in future with Gimp maybe if good for that.

I think you mean a Trenloe link? He doesn't like it when people confuse us on account of my skirt wearing propensities

And to answer your question I wasn't aware of this and don't have it - but might invest in it now
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No sir I ran across the Trenloe link because last night I read a post by you helping someone by saying smethonk like "try this link" and in that link was among many replies, T's link.

But then I am rarely accused of a surplus of intelligibility in my posts

Thread Information