FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 30 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

Blog Entries
    Oooh. Those links sound sexy (weird what one does consider sexy given a certain age...). Does that mean Edges and Hindrances now automagically appear in the Special section, linked to the SWEX PG entry?

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Oooh. Those links sound sexy (weird what one does consider sexy given a certain age...). Does that mean Edges and Hindrances now automagically appear in the Special section, linked to the SWEX PG entry?
    Nope, only local ref links are created containing text from the source. Still it is impossible to link free text into modules.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Nope, only local ref links are created containing text from the source. Still it is impossible to link free text into modules.
    Ah, I may have misunderstood. Will have to try the new version (tonight?) and see what this new feature does. The current version is already such a time saver, though, that I had myself for ever having entered NPCs before without it.

In order to make publication-worthy stat blocks,
    1. I copy the textblock into my Notepad++, remove extraneous ':', then CTRL-C.
    2. In FG I use /makenpc
    3. I clean up the NPC (draw in edges and hindrances from the SWEX player guide, make sure weapons and damage work right and all special abilities show up on the first age).
    4. I use /makenpc-clean
    5. I use /makenpc-module

Did I forget anything?
    Few further hints:
    1. The new improved parser understands :'s much better now so you don't have to remove them anymore
    4. Don't do this part if you really don't have to. When you export creates with /makenpc-module command it will automatically clean up temporary stuff from your NPC inside your exported module. When you have _not_ cleaned up your NPCs that means they can be auto-updated when new parser version is published. For instance, you have created 100 NPCs with this tool, but the parsing was not perfect since your NPC lack few things or something was not parsed correctly, say your weapons lacked damage because of bad parser. After a while new version of NPC Maker tool is published with better parsing features. You can update all of your NPC with simple command: /makenpc-update. This will recreate all of your NPCs based on the original source but it uses the new parsing logic. ~ Like I have mentioned, I want to make this parser as fine as possible, so keep posting possible issues with it and I will do my best to make the parser understand those issues and do better job.

Glad you have found the tool useful It's my favorite project atm, since I am able to get fully usable NPCs in FG within simple copy-pasting
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Blog Entries
    I am absolutely in love with this extension. Just imported some Hellfrost characters with it in seconds instead of quarter hours as usual. One thing I noticed: If the name of the NPC/monster is more than one word, the import sets the follow words to lower case. IMHO they should remain as they are or Uppercase (first letter only, of course).

It's just a very minor inconvenience, of course.

I am absolutely in love with this extension. Just imported some Hellfrost characters with it in seconds instead of quarter hours as usual. One thing I noticed: If the name of the NPC/monster is more than one word, the import sets the follow words to lower case. IMHO they should remain as they are or Uppercase (first letter only, of course).

It's just a very minor inconvenience, of course.
    Ah, good point! This "feature" was added in last patch and is purpose was to convert all-uppercase letters to more readable. But your point is good one, gonna fix this that such feature is only applied in all-uppercase situation. Thanks!

Does this extension support the population of the Powers tab?

I noticed it populated the list of powers in the Description, but the Powers tab was blank.

I used:

❄Lich
    No description for this creature yet.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12+2, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
    Skills: Fighting d6, Intimidation d12+1, Notice d12+3, Knowledge (Planes) d12+1, Repair d12+1, Stealth d12+3, Spellcasting d12
    Charisma: +1; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (2)
    Edges: Arcane Background (Magic), Quick, Strong Willed
    Powers: Armor, Bolt (magic missile), Bolt (ray of frost), Deflection (forcefield), Detect Arcana (sense magic), Detect Arcana (see invisibility), Dispel, Lower Trait (Strength), Invisibility, Obscure (darkness), Puppet, Teleport, Zombie
    Special Abilities
    • Armour +2: Permanent armour spell.
    • Touch: Str+d4; Paralyzing Touch.
    • Darkvision: No vision penalties for darkness (range 12").
    • Fear -2: Anyone who sees this creature must make a Fear check at -2.
    • Undead: +2 Toughness, +2 to recover from Shaken, ignore wound modifiers, disease, poison, and extra damage from called shots.
    • Immunities: Electricity, cold, sleep, paralysis, mind-affecting effects, aging, bleeding and death magic.
    • Very Tough: +1 Toughness.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

*RESOLVED*

I've recently decided to dump M$ Windoze for Linux and FG runs great under Wine with PlayOnLinux... except for this oh-so-useful extension. When I copy a statblock then open Personalities and click on the "Make NPC" button I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "npcs/parser_statblock.lua"]:313: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    Cut-and-paste otherwise works fine everywhere but I was wondering if maybe it's something odd in the way NPC maker works with text in a clipboard that might not be exactly like the standard Windows clipboard? I'm sure this is probably a fairly oddball/small use-case request, but if there might be some clues anyone can provide on how I might be able to work around that error I'd sure appreciate the help.

EDIT: If it helps any I do notice that the chat window is outputting the "Converting following stat blocks into NPC:" followed by the text of the stat block, just no NPC entry gets created like it normally would. I would also add that I've tested this not just with a statblock that I was trying to work with from the Necessary Evil: Breakout book, but also with just the first stablock off of Zadmar's site so I could ensure there was nothing odd about the statblock itself that might be causing the issue, so I'm guessing it's just something odd with running this under Wine.

EDIT2: Further testing I find that just loading NPC Maker works fine. I'll do some more testing as apparently it seems to be conflicting with one of the other extensions I'm loading. I'll report back with my findings should anyone else run into the issue.

EDIT3: Ok, it looks like the offending extension is actually FGRandom. A potentially useful little module, but not nearly as useful as NPC Maker is! I guess there is something in that extension that messes with the "pairs" function used by Savage Worlds in checking things like Attributes.
    Last edited by zarlor; September 7th, 2015 at 00:54.

NPC Maker v0.9 build 6

NPC Maker v0.9 build 6 is now available. Changelog:
    • [BUG] NameMaker was broken. Only male fantasy names could be generated. Now this is fixed and other types of names can be generated

NPC Maker v0.9 build 7 uploaded. This version is for Savage Worlds v4.2+

Thread Information