FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 30 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

Blog Entries
    I can't try it right now but I've tried it before and it worked. It would create NPCs in the Critters section by default.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    After quickly checking this, there is minor error in export which I will fix soon (related converting campaign from SW into SW4, now I don't need to support SW3 anymore). The reason why your stat blocks are not read correctly is that your gear has : in range and damages. If you remove those then your stat block is fine, ie.
    "Gear: Uniform, matchlock musket (Range 12/24/48,
    Damage 2d8, 10 actions to reload), rapier (Str+d4, +1
    Parry), horse "

new lines do not break parsing, but the fact that : is used in majority of products to state that new section beings (skills, special abilities, gear etc) and thus should not be used within those sections. However I will try if I can enhance parsing slightly that you can have : within ()'s
    Thank you very much, Ikael! I'll try it tonight. Is the importer to fill in the Weapons section (clickable weapons damage) and make the Special Abilities (Edges, Hindrances) connect to their reference entries? It's something I noticed didn't work so I'd have to redo that manuable (all of Doswelk's HOE characters have that feature, so I guess I have to do it as well).

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Thank you very much, Ikael! I'll try it tonight. Is the importer to fill in the Weapons section (clickable weapons damage) and make the Special Abilities (Edges, Hindrances) connect to their reference entries? It's something I noticed didn't work so I'd have to redo that manuable (all of Doswelk's HOE characters have that feature, so I guess I have to do it as well).
    The tool will fill up weapon sections partially ie. it will fill up damage, range, rof (if it's able to understand these matters). This will grant clickable damages. The tool will write special abilities into list and their description into main tab-page, but won't setup references to modules since the source does not provide any real link, just free form text. There is possibility to enhance tool to try to match certain keyword to create the link, but I feel that would be way too flunky anyways. If you have created NPC you can manually setup links yourself. If I remember right you will need to hold ALT down and drop link to NPC abilities to link it instead of creating new one.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    The tool will fill up weapon sections partially ie. it will fill up damage, range, rof (if it's able to understand these matters). This will grant clickable damages. The tool will write special abilities into list and their description into main tab-page, but won't setup references to modules since the source does not provide any real link, just free form text. There is possibility to enhance tool to try to match certain keyword to create the link, but I feel that would be way too flunky anyways. If you have created NPC you can manually setup links yourself. If I remember right you will need to hold ALT down and drop link to NPC abilities to link it instead of creating new one.
    Wouldn't it be "relatively" easy to compare an ability vs. the set names of Edges and Hindrances from SWEX and automatically insert those as linked special abilities? That is a limited set (and more work for you )...

I'd assume that these edges are the ones that come up the most often anyway...

Wouldn't it be "relatively" easy to compare an ability vs. the set names of Edges and Hindrances from SWEX and automatically insert those as linked special abilities? That is a limited set (and more work for you )...

I'd assume that these edges are the ones that come up the most often anyway...
    Like I meantioned it's possible, but it wouldn't that accurate since there is no limitation how ability names are written there. Everything is free-text so there is chance of error and thus I prefer not to do it. IMO it's far worse that tool creates something that might not be correct and that it would not do it at all. Specially that there might be many special abilities per entry.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I can't try it right now but I've tried it before and it worked. It would create NPCs in the Critters section by default.
    I checked this extension with Deadlands: Reloaded and "Make NPC" button is not displayed in either Human nor Critters lists. I do not have plans to change this but Deadlands users can always use /makenpc slashcommand to make NPCs into critters list.

Blog Entries
    Hm. Version 0.9 build2 is 20kb lighter than the previous one. Is that intended? Looks like the name generator is not in it.

With vanilla SWEX loaded, I had to use the command line. Attacks are filled nicely.
    Last edited by AstaSyneri; January 29th, 2015 at 21:51.

Hm. Version 0.9 build2 is 20kb lighter than the previous one. Is that intended? Looks like the name generator is not in it.
    People call this magic refactoring -- I have removed two icons which light up the size. Name generator can be accessed via GM tools while Make NPC button has been moved into Personalities list.

Blog Entries
    Didn't have that much time after all last night, due to rolling badly on the random encounter roll (maxed out on the number of marauding kids).

I'll have ample time to test it this weekend.

The export worked nicely, but i haven't figured out how to import stat blocks into sections (for example npcs or critters).

To reiterate:

In order to make publication-worthy stat blocks,
    1. I copy the textblock into my Notepad++, remove extraneous ':', then CTRL-C.
    2. In FG I use /makenpc
    3. I clean up the NPC (draw in edges and hindrances from the SWEX player guide, make sure weapons and damage work right and all special abilities show up on the first age).
    4. I use /makenpc-clean
    5. I use /makenpc-module

Did I forget anything?

Just a little Monday morning update: I used this all-weekend (sounds like much, but I was busy with other things, too, like trying to keep my empire in Endless Space to cave in against those evil Cravers - every 5 turns I would do another entry for AFO ;-)). Copy the NPC into Notepad, look for "evil" colons, copying into FG, /makenpc, draw the Edges and Hindrances into the Special section, done.

Ikael - I can't tell you how much of a time saver this extension is. It's HUGE! Thank you!
    Last edited by AstaSyneri; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:42.

Minor update to NPC Maker (v0.9 build 4). This update enhanced attack info parsing, granting better support for different formating. In addition Special Abilities are converted into local links, where their full description can be opened from the link in the list. Full attack's description is written into weapon's details as well.

Thread Information