FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Building NPCs

Building NPCs

I'm building a campaign using the Savage Worlds ruleset.

I'm having a problem making the special abilities automatically work. Like immunities and resistances to certain damage types. It doesn't work when I drag and drop them as the ability is not specified. I've also tried finding other NPCs from the book with the same resistances and copy that but I haven't had success with that either.

hers an example: say I have 2 NPCs fighting each other. One is an elementilist with a bolt power with the fire trapping, the other is a troll, both ones I've created. How do I add the fire trapping to the power and how do I assign the weakness to the troll so it automatically increases the damage? (as I said, i've already tried dragging and dropping but since the powers/weaknesses are meant to be modified for specific cases, its not working)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatertron View Post
    I'm building a campaign using the Savage Worlds ruleset.

I'm having a problem making the special abilities automatically work. Like immunities and resistances to certain damage types. It doesn't work when I drag and drop them as the ability is not specified. I've also tried finding other NPCs from the book with the same resistances and copy that but I haven't had success with that either.

hers an example: say I have 2 NPCs fighting each other. One is an elementilist with a bolt power with the fire trapping, the other is a troll, both ones I've created. How do I add the fire trapping to the power and how do I assign the weakness to the troll so it automatically increases the damage? (as I said, i've already tried dragging and dropping but since the powers/weaknesses are meant to be modified for specific cases, its not working)
    This would be better asked in the Savage Worlds section of the forum.

There are several threads about Efects there and lots of quick answers on the FG Discord server.

For a start if an NPC is Immune to everything except fire then [@Immunity, @Normal Fire Damage] would work.

I am answering from my phone so can't give links atm, but the FG Wiki and several threads on the forum will help.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to Savage World sub-forum for better visibility and to limited those who would not be interested in the topic.

EDIT: please don't double post. We will move things when needed or asked. One thread in the wrong place is preferred to two or more threads in different places.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Here's a good place to start your journey into effects creation https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Worlds+Effects
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus. That definitely helped.

There's a sword in the fantasy companion called Orcbane. It gives a d10 as the raise damage dice instead of d6. How would I write that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatertron View Post
    Thank you Zacchaeus. That definitely helped.

There's a sword in the fantasy companion called Orcbane. It gives a d10 as the raise damage dice instead of d6. How would I write that?
    I'm not positive that can be added as an effect, but you can find Raise Damage on the weapon sheet itself, beneath the Damage field:
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 063955.png
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thread Information