FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 26 of 30 First ... 162425262728 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

I think I found a strange bug in the Extension. When copying and pasting a stat block in via the extension, if a hindrance has a comma(,) inside of parentheses it does not import properly. For example:
    Habit (minor, Cigarettes) - will not import correctly.
    Habit (minor) (Cigarettes) - will import correctly.
    Also, not directly related to the extension, but if you drag and drop an NPC with a badly formatted Hindrance to the Characters window, it will cause an issue with that PC where you can no longer drag & drop Hindrances to them.

I reached out to the Savaged.us team, and they stated they are not able to change the Stat Block for copy/pasting into a format that avoids the comma, as it is used by other import tools for other VTT products.

Quote Originally Posted by devilspork View Post
    I reached out to the Savaged.us team, and they stated they are not able to change the Stat Block for copy/pasting into a format that avoids the comma, as it is used by other import tools for other VTT products.
    Can you provide me full stat block that has such pattern. I can take a look if such pattern can be supported
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Can you provide me full stat block that has such pattern. I can take a look if such pattern can be supported
    Gun Nut
    Novice

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
    Skills: Athletics d4, Boating d6, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d4, Language (Native) d8, Notice d6+2, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Shooting d10, Stealth d4, Taunt d6
    Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
    Hindrances: Habit (minor, Cigarettes), Overconfident, Quirk (Talks about the 2nd amendment way too much)
    Edges: Alertness, Quick

It's the comma in the Habit Hindrance that causes the issue.

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I used this extension to import a bunch of creatures from a Warhammer conversion. Everything worked fine, but Size does not calculate. No matter what I put into the Special Abilities ("Size 4", "Size: 4", "Size +4", etc), the token always remains size 1. I can adjust it by changing it in "space", but that's obviously not ideal.

Oddly, the bestiary from Pathfinder uses the same exact format and is working. So I'm not sure what the deal is here. It's like the imported records just don't recognize "size".

Edit: I think I just realized that "size" doesn't dictate the "space" of the token, but now I need to find out how to calculate the space based on size.
    Last edited by wframe; November 3rd, 2021 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I used this extension to import a bunch of creatures from a Warhammer conversion. Everything worked fine, but Size does not calculate. No matter what I put into the Special Abilities ("Size 4", "Size: 4", "Size +4", etc), the token always remains size 1. I can adjust it by changing it in "space", but that's obviously not ideal.

Oddly, the bestiary from Pathfinder uses the same exact format and is working. So I'm not sure what the deal is here. It's like the imported records just don't recognize "size".

Edit: I think I just realized that "size" doesn't dictate the "space" of the token, but now I need to find out how to calculate the space based on size.
    I think Reach has something to do with the size of the token, but not on FGU at moment to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I think Reach has something to do with the size of the token, but not on FGU at moment to confirm.
    Nah. Reach is the radius around the token (the glowing ring). "Space" changes the actual size, but it's supposed to be relative to the size trait. Must not be automated in SWADE.

If a statblock contains Powers like this:

Powers: Darksight, deflection, farsight,
    invisibility, smite. PP: 20

SW Maker properly detects and links Darksight, deflection, farsight and invisibility, but the last power is "smite. PP: 20".
    Would be cool if it'd set the PP properly and recognize the last power!

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    If a statblock contains Powers like this:

Powers: Darksight, deflection, farsight,
    invisibility, smite. PP: 20

SW Maker properly detects and links Darksight, deflection, farsight and invisibility, but the last power is "smite. PP: 20".
    Would be cool if it'd set the PP properly and recognize the last power!
    Yeah I found that too, I remove the PP part from the stat block and add it in afterwards.

Put PP:20 on it's own line
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information