DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 104 First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last
    Ah, thank you. The delete problem was able to be worked around by naming the item and then deleting it, as bobbylain mentioned. Thanks for that.

As for the crashing, it happens after selecting a campaign and then trying to load it. Mid-way through loading, Fantasy Grounds gives a generic crash message, and shuts down. I'll work with some of the extensions to see if I can find a definite conflict, and provide the report on it.

One last thing, do you plan to make it so we can add items from modules (like the 3.5e basic rules items) to the inventories of buildings? Currently, I have to take items from the modules, drag them into the items section, and then bring them to the inventory. This isn't so bad, really, but it can clutter things up and I'd like to try and avoid it.
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

Yes, one of the major features of v4 is full shopping functionality from the appropriate buildings (when used with the upcoming WMC Extension), including re-working the entire NPC, Encounters and Inventory sections
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I'll have to do some testing this week but I do remember some crash that was caused by bad variables like example I load an already created campaign and add this extension and add in some entry and it was looking for calendar or something like that it didn't crash out fantasy grounds to desktop but it would error out to console. I think anyway I know Ive seen what you are talking about though. Give me a couple of days so I have a chance to repro(life gets in the way alot) but I know it did do that and if I recall correctly it was something that was supposed to be fixed in the next version. I know I have a work around for the crashing but I havent had it happen in quite some time.

one thing you can do is load the campaign with out this extension just to make sure it is the extension, the you go into the folder and take out some file(I forget the name right now) to clear out changes made by the ext. I forget exactly which ones but it clears out the data created by the ext and then you load it fresh. again it was a while ago and the mind is kinda fuzzy at this late hour but I'll hit you up with the work around once Ive had a chance to repro.

Thanks. That would be most helpful. =)
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

Hey guys,

I'm new to FG and have some questions.

I'm playing a 5e game, and have been using the 5e theme. I noticed that the graphics for this extension seem to be from some other theme and it doesn't work too well in the 5e theme. I'm not married to the 5e theme, but I also can't figure out what theme I need to use to make this extension work or how to choose which theme I use in FG.

Any help is appreciated.

read the thread, I think that 5e stuff was discussed earlier.

as for the issue of the crashing. I have tried several different ways to repro and having been able to repro yet. I'm pretty sure the crashing thing does happen because I remember seeing it, just cant repro yet. Still trying though

Quote Originally Posted by lsujonno View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new to FG and have some questions.

I'm playing a 5e game, and have been using the 5e theme. I noticed that the graphics for this extension seem to be from some other theme and it doesn't work too well in the 5e theme. I'm not married to the 5e theme, but I also can't figure out what theme I need to use to make this extension work or how to choose which theme I use in FG.

Any help is appreciated.
    Yes, the 5E "style" of graphics is radically different from the "style" used for 3.5E, 4E, Core, PF, d20 Modern, etc, etc, etc. The Extension will work fine with the 5E Ruleset, it just "looks wrong". I've managed to acquire 5E-friendly graphics which will be included in the next version (v4), which I'm currently working on and which will be released Soon(TM).

However, any graphics that are included will be for the "default" Theme of any Ruleset the Extension is designed to work with - provided I can acquire such graphics. Theme Extensions will need to provide their own graphics (or supply them to me so I can include them), as do Rulesets which I don't have "Ruleset-friendly" graphics for - as I've said in earlier posts in this thread, I suck at graphic work and so have asked (on numerous occasions) for help in acquiring "Ruleset-fiendly" graphics for some Rulesets, which some people have generously provided.

So hand-tight, a better "look and feel" is coming.

In the meantime, have you checked-out my other Extensions (see the FG Wiki Extensions Page), particularly the Weather Extension?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Has there been a push from developers to make FG more "skinnable" so that features that the community creates can be more easily implemented into the system without worrying about graphics?

I'm not sure if you are familiar with something like XBMC/KODI media player, but the code portion and graphics portion are completely separate. That way the coders can do their thing and the GUI guys can do their thing, and features get added quicker.

Just wondering if those things get tossed around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lsujonno View Post
    Has there been a push from developers to make FG more "skinnable" so that features that the community creates can be more easily implemented into the system without worrying about graphics?

I'm not sure if you are familiar with something like XBMC/KODI media player, but the code portion and graphics portion are completely separate. That way the coders can do their thing and the GUI guys can do their thing, and features get added quicker.

Just wondering if those things get tossed around.
    The ruleset cant *know* what graphics an extension might need. Adding in superfluous graphics just adds in more weight and then you have the situation of how you support new extensions that haven't been written yet. The current graphics are not a combination of graphics and programmable text - they are just graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The current graphics are not a combination of graphics and programmable text - they are just graphics.
    Yeah, that's the issue.

I was wondering if there was a push to get rid of pure graphics for a combination graphics text overlay so that we could have coders working on features and GUI guys working on skins without everyone having to wait on each other to get things implemented. It seems like FG won't explode with new features until we can separate those two pieces. Just a thought. Not sure what SW has in mind for future upgrades, and didn't know if prominent community developers talked with the SW guys.
    Last edited by lsujonno; September 15th, 2015 at 14:05.

Thread Information