DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 104 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    Interesting. Upon exporting a shop as a module and opening it up, I find I can unlock the building. I cannot click any fields to change the text/number, as you may have guessed. But I can drag a number from a number field onto another number field in the same shop and it will add the numbers. I cannot, however, drag a number from the chat window to one of the shop's number fields.

So looking at the way your extension exports a building, the <shop> section is not tagged as static="true" but something else is blocking data or events from going between the scope of the module and the campaign. Or some such; I'm tired.

Hope this helps at least a little to figure out how to make the shops and other things interactive from a module.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thanks Nick - I'll look into things further.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Upon some thinking (and some sleeping), I get a feeling we may be talking about different things.

I am not referring to modifying a module while it is loaded into a campaign. When I open a module with non-static components and make a change to one of the components, it does not actually change the module but rather create an xml file in the moduledb folder noting the changes. Then when I open that campaign it applies the changes, but loading the module in a different campaign yields the original data without any changes.

This is what I'm referring to with the buildings (shops) and any Locations data, the use of a change log per campaign.

EDIT: ... and then I go read your other post. Bah.

Blog Entries
    I ran into a similar sort of error when I tried to 'unshare' something from this that I'd accidentally shared.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blackfoot, use the redial menu to unshare things and it will work.

Blog Entries
    I believe I fixed it by going into the database and manually removing the sharing from the item.. I was commenting on the bug.

The 'normal' functionality is that if you click on the P it removes sharing... in Locations.. it causes an error... one that really doesn't want to go away very easily.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; January 18th, 2015 at 17:14.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I retract my statement. Upon recreating my experiment with a shop from a module, I find I am able to modify the shop... to an extent. It seems the problem I experienced before, and am still experiencing, comes from the locking and unlocking of the sheet.

The building entity seem to lock while I'm typing at times and refuse to lock or unlock at other times. I find myself able to edit a locked building or not edit an unlocked one. Closing and reopening the building seems to make it conform to the behavior of its lock setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    ... and then I go read your other post. Bah.
    Sorry, I'm now a little confused about where we stand with things - is everything OK now (barring the Locking/Unlocking issue - which I'm in the process of fixing/have fixed) or is something else wrong - including (but not limited to) upsetting you in some way (never my intention)?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

The only thing upsetting me is the order I read posts in. Seems you answered my post in another thread before I even posted it. (I really should just read all the new threads before posting...)

Yes the extension works (sans locking) as a shop in a module. Yes I'm happy with it. Yes I still want the locking issue fixed as it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    The only thing upsetting me is the order I read posts in. Seems you answered my post in another thread before I even posted it. (I really should just read all the new threads before posting...)

Yes the extension works (sans locking) as a shop in a module. Yes I'm happy with it. Yes I still want the locking issue fixed as it is annoying.
    Oh no, I was just concerned I'd done something to p!ss you off - I consider you a friend, and I don't like p!ssing off my friends (even though I do so semi-regularly - I can be an insensitive SOB sometimes).

I'll get the Locking issue sorted in the next release (if I haven't already fixed it) - you'll also be pleasantly surprised (I hope) with what I've done to improve "shops" and other buildings.

Sorry for any confusion/misunderstandings/etc

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10