STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 104 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    dulux-oz,

I have no idea if this is useful, or even of interest to you, but, just in case...

While browsing around the Sample DB, I clicked on the 'Systems' tab, and then the 'Sample DB' group.
    'Solar System' is presented... If I click on 'Solar System', I get the following in the GM Console (and
    after multiple attempts, I have multiple lines):

Script Error: [string "Scripts/lsSystemMain.lua"]:88: attempt to index global 'btcuccUseCampaignCalendar' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (tbtUseCampaignCalendar) in windowclass (wcSystemMain)
    Script Error: [string "Scripts/lsSystemMain.lua"]:88: attempt to index global 'btcuccUseCampaignCalendar' (a nil value)

Also, if I hover over either 'Set Date' button, I get a tooltip that says, 'Use Current Date'. But clicking on the 'Set Date' button doesn't do anything (and I made sure I had set the Calendar date).

Like I said, I don't know if any of this is useful to you, or not, but I thought I'd pass it along. I don't know if it's the Sample DB, or the Extension...

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    dulux-oz,

I have no idea if this is useful, or even of interest to you, but, just in case...

While browsing around the Sample DB, I clicked on the 'Systems' tab, and then the 'Sample DB' group.
    'Solar System' is presented... If I click on 'Solar System', I get the following in the GM Console (and
    after multiple attempts, I have multiple lines):

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (tbtUseCampaignCalendar) in windowclass (wcSystemMain)

Also, if I hover over either 'Set Date' button, I get a tooltip that says, 'Use Current Date'. But clicking on the 'Set Date' button doesn't do anything (and I made sure I had set the Calendar date).

Like I said, I don't know if any of this is useful to you, or not, but I thought I'd pass it along. I don't know if it's the Sample DB, or the Extension...

- s.west
    Yes, this stuff is ALWAYS of interest to me - thanks

OK, the first one is a bug in the Extension (damn global find & replace) - Sorry, I'll have it fixed in the next release.

The 'Set Date' issue stems from the bug (and is actually working as designed) - because the System Record does not have a Calender set (because the Button to set it on the Record is missing due to the bug) the 'Set Date' Buttons are doing what they are supposed to do, which is default back to "None Set".

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 12th, 2014 at 08:34.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    I found some strange behavior with the NPCs in this extension. Be careful if you add them to the location without actually building NPCs... they seem to create blank NPCs in the NPC list but do not bring their names over... the whole piece is a bit squishy.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I found some strange behavior with the NPCs in this extension. Be careful if you add them to the location without actually building NPCs... they seem to create blank NPCs in the NPC list but do not bring their names over... the whole piece is a bit squishy.
    Yeah, I've never been totally happy with the NPCs sub-section - it was sort of "tacked on" because I wanted to keep the Locations Extension backwards compatible with the old Town & Shops Extensions.

However, I'm working on v4 of the Locations Extension and I'm devoting a lot of time and effort into getting both the NPCs sub-section and the Inventory sub-sections "done better".

In the meantime, I suggest the best way to use the existing NPCs sub-section is make the NPCs first in NPCs section of the main program and then drag each one over to the Locations Extension.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Made a building, added some things to the inventory. Shared the sheet with the player (creating a P in a circle next to it in the Buildings list). Upon clicking the circle-P the console displays this error:

Script Error: [string "access"]:1: attempt to call field 'unshare' (a nil value)

The circle-P disappears and the building is still shared. I can right-click the building in the list and choose the Stop Sharing Sheet option with no error (and it works). Then if I share the sheet again and click the circle-P, same error and behavior.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Made a building, added some things to the inventory. Shared the sheet with the player (creating a P in a circle next to it in the Buildings list). Upon clicking the circle-P the console displays this error:

Script Error: [string "access"]:1: attempt to call field 'unshare' (a nil value)

The circle-P disappears and the building is still shared. I can right-click the building in the list and choose the Stop Sharing Sheet option with no error (and it works). Then if I share the sheet again and click the circle-P, same error and behavior.
    Yeah, I found that a few weeks ago, which was one of the things that prompted me to raise the Sharing Bug with JPG (which he subsequently fixed in the v3.0.10 update).

I'm currently working on v4 of that Extension and that particular bug will be (actually, is) fixed in the new version, along with a whole lot more functionality around Inventories and therefore Shop-type Buildings.

Thanks for raising it - it proves its not just me
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Good to know.

Since I'm lazy and you're here, I have a question about this here extension. If I make a building (shop) and give it an inventory, then export it as part of a module, can the inventory be changed in other campaigns I load the module in or is it locked until I drag the building into the campaign to make a local copy of it?

Good to know.

Since I'm lazy and you're here, I have a question about this here extension. If I make a building (shop) and give it an inventory, then export it as part of a module, can the inventory be changed in other campaigns I load the module in or is it locked until I drag the building into the campaign to make a local copy of it?
    I've never tried doing that, so in all honesty I don't know.

HOWEVER, thinking about it, any Place Record in a Module I believe is locked - this would include the Items in a Building's Inventory and the Inventory itself, so the only way to change the record (ie the Inventory's Items) would be copy the Building Record to the Campaign - use the "Copy Without Links" function to do this, as opposed to dragging it.

If you check the very first post of this thread (or the Wiki Documentation) what you are talking about is a "Template Record" - I provide some suggestions in the doco about using Template Records in your games.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thanks for the feedback. That's unfortunate since the reason I use the modules is to keep things like shops out of my main campaign. Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback. That's unfortunate since the reason I use the modules is to keep things like shops out of my main campaign. Oh well.
    Leave it with me - as I said earlier, I'm working on v4 which will have a LOT more functionality around the Inventory "stuff". I might be able to re-work the Referential Integrity code to allow "Shops" and other Buildings with Inventories to be used straight from a Module - I'm working hard to get my head around exactly how Module Data interacts with Campaign Data at the Node level - so we'll see.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10