Starfinder Playlist
Page 13 of 104 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    So I tried your Sample_Locations_DB.mod, but it never appears on the modules screen... ?

I'm on my laptop using the 'free' version of FG (3.0.9). I unzipped the .mod, and placed it in the modules directory, and started the 3.5 Demo game. The Extension shows up, but when I open the Library, and go to the modules screen, no Sample_Locations_DB.

- s.west
    One other thing - I've got a funny feeling that the Sample Module may not work exactly the same as regular modules - the data is there but I think (from memory) I did a "hack" late one night to get it to load.

The data WILL be available (once the Module is opened) on the various Place Lists under a new Group Tab/Banner (can't remember the Colour).

EDIT: I just checked - Group Tab/Banner is Blue with a Globe on it

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 11th, 2014 at 07:52.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

So I tried your Sample_Locations_DB.mod, but it never appears on the modules screen... ?

I'm on my laptop using the 'free' version of FG (3.0.9). I unzipped the .mod, and placed it in the modules directory, and started the 3.5 Demo game. The Extension shows up, but when I open the Library, and go to the modules screen, no Sample_Locations_DB.

- s.west
    Oh, one other thing - when you say you unzipped the mod do you mean you unzipped the original file to reveal the dot mod file, or did you then unzip the dot mod file as well?

Tip: Don't unzip the dot mod file - simply place the dot mod file in the modules directory.

I'll also assume that you've loaded the Extension before trying to open the Module.

FYI I just loaded it successfully into a clean CoreRPG Campaign, using the Extension and Module files downloaded fresh from this thread.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Blog Entries
    its because he is running the 3.5 ruleset.
    the mod only specifies CoreRPG
    Blue Tab.
    I edited the file and it loads in Castles and Crusades once added...

hrmm...

Ok, so I downloaded the .zip file,
    unzipped the zip file to reveal Sample_Locations_DB.mod,
    started the free FG, and got to Loading screen,
    clicked on the folder on the upper right to open the directory hierarchy,
    moved the Sample_Locations_DB.mod into the modules subdirectory (along with 3.5E-basicrules.mod, 3.5E-magicitems.mod, etc...),
    clicked Load Demo Campaign,
    selected 'A Tale of Dinor -3.5E', checked 'Locations Database' and 'Weather Extension',
    clicked Start,
    opened Library,
    clicked Modules,
    <no Sample_Locations_DB>,
    opened Locations,
    clicked through all tabs (right), and hovered/clicked all group banners (bottom),

I see nothing...

?

Sorry for being a problem... I just wanted to get a feel for what the beginnings of a database was going to look like. And, man, it looks like it's going to be a <lot> of work to get a useable quantity of data entered (not as much work as creating the extension, I know, but still...)

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    its because he is running the 3.5 ruleset.
    the mod only specifies CoreRPG
    Blue Tab.
    I edited the file and it loads in Castles and Crusades once added...
    Does it? If I was silly enough to only specify CoreRPG for the Module then that'll be the reason.

Yeap, just tried it under 3.5E - no Module!

Sorry about that!

I'm actually in the process of doing an update to both the Locations and Weather Extensions, so I'll update the Sample Module as well.

In the meantime, can you look at it under a CoreRPG Campaign? It'll be the same, so if you're just having a look-see it should be no problem.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

hrmm...

Ok, so I downloaded the .zip file,
    unzipped the zip file to reveal Sample_Locations_DB.mod,
    started the free FG, and got to Loading screen,
    clicked on the folder on the upper right to open the directory hierarchy,
    moved the Sample_Locations_DB.mod into the modules subdirectory (along with 3.5E-basicrules.mod, 3.5E-magicitems.mod, etc...),
    clicked Load Demo Campaign,
    selected 'A Tale of Dinor -3.5E', checked 'Locations Database' and 'Weather Extension',
    clicked Start,
    opened Library,
    clicked Modules,
    <no Sample_Locations_DB>,
    opened Locations,
    clicked through all tabs (right), and hovered/clicked all group banners (bottom),

I see nothing...

?

Sorry for being a problem... I just wanted to get a feel for what the beginnings of a database was going to look like. And, man, it looks like it's going to be a <lot> of work to get a useable quantity of data entered (not as much work as creating the extension, I know, but still...)

- s.west
    No problem - if you're having issues then so are other people, and I need to know about any issues so I can get them fixed/resolved.

As far as the beginnings are, do what most GM's do when they set up a new (non-FG) campaign - start small, with maybe a village and a couple of the buildings in the village, plus the location/area surrounding the village. As your PCs gain more experience and begin to explore the surrounding area, create those areas and the parent area to hold them.

A good example is the old 1E adventure, the Village of Homlet, followed by the rest of the Temple of Elemental Evil series.

The Sample Module was put together to give people some ideas of how the Locations Extension could be used, in both a fantasy and a SF setting - hence the "Portal" to the FG Website

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Ok, when I create a new demo CoreRPG campaign, then everything shows like you probably expect it to...

That's all I needed.

Thanks.

- s.west

'Varisia' Locations DB, that can be shared like the PFRPG Campaign modules

This will sound totally Lazy, and Self-serving (and I am willing to endure the slings and arrows of, etc...), but has anyone created a Locations DB for Varisia (i.e., a Locations DB for the Pathfinder setting) that could be shared?

If not, has anyone considered the idea that we (as a FG/Pathfinder community) could organize the man-(person)-power to accomplish said feat?

I've been looking for a job that I could take on (as a FG/Pathfinder community member), to begin to try to pay back those who have given... uhh, those from whom I have taken... so much (now there's a slightly obscure film reference that I'm sure all of you will get), so I would be motivated to give it a go.

I haven't thought through the licensing implications of that kind of shared content, but I'm sure it is something that must be considered... so I would appreciate some guidance before starting out on something that might violate copyrights...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

- s.west

p.s. I'll post this over in the Pathfinder Forum, as well.

Thread Information