5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 100 of 104 First ... 50909899100101102 ... Last
    Hi All,

I've just published new versions of all the DOEs. These versions work with FGv3.3.8 & FGv3.3.9 (when it gets released).

Note: For the moment, these versions of the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU-Beta (for those of you in the FGU-Beta-test Program). For the moment, please feel free to use the (now) old versions of the DOEs. I'll be releaseing FGU-Compatible/Supported/Tested version when FGU is released.

Each new DOE version has been placed on the first Post of each relevant DOE Thread, as per normal.

I'll be updating the each DOE Maunuals (and the FG Wiki), plus the individual Ruleset Extensions Threads, over the next little while.

These DOEs, apart from having general updates, have the following modifications to them:
    • Added ColourGroups to all DOE Lists - Allows the player to give one of 7 coloured backgrounds (8 if you include "none") to the individual Entries in Lists. Used to visually group Entries together. Look for the Rainbow on all DOE List.
    • Fixed the Comma in Prices Issue in Buildings (Shops)
    • Caused Items weighing less than 1 unit to be recorded as 0 weight to stop the FG Engine's recording them as a long decimal in Buildings (Shops).
    • Fixed the Coin Label case Issue in Buildings (Shops).
    • Added ChatBox Message on character buy & sell in Buildings (Shops).

Thanks to Tim Cox for help in getting the last 4 of these done.

These DOEs now support:
    • CoreRPG
    • 13th Age
    • D&D 2E
    • D&D 3.5E
    • D&D 4E
    • D&D 5E
    • Call Of Cthulhu 6E
    • Call Of Cthulhu 7E
    • Castles & Crusades - Needs a Graphic
    • Cypher Systems
    • Fate Core
    • Numenera
    • PFRPG
    • PFRPG2
    • SavageWorlds (SWADE) - Needs three Graphics
    • SFRPG - Needs Graphics
    • SWD
    • The Strange
    • The Dungeon, Simple Brown, Simple Grey, and Wood Themes across all supported Rulesets

These DOEs have had the following Rulesets depreciated and are no longer supported:
    • BoL
    • Dark Herasy
    • GURPS - may re-support in coming versions.
    • Maelstrom
    • MoreCore
    • WHFRP2

As per normal, if you find any bugs (these Extensions are provided "as is"), have any suggestions, etc, then please let me know by posting here for the relevant DOE and I'll get it fixed and released ASAP.

Enjoy
    Last edited by dulux-oz; November 10th, 2019 at 10:39.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi Dulux, excited to see these updates! I'm REALLY looking forward to not having to fuss with GP/gp capitalization woes any longer, but I'm afraid I'm running into some problems with the Locations extension. I've downloaded the latest Base extension (4.0) and the latest Locations extension (5.0), and I'm testing it with no other extensions enabled. This is for 5E ruleset, Fantasy Grounds v3.3.8.

I made a test Building, threw a Breastplate that costs 400gp in there, and loaded in as a player account with 1000gp to buy it. But when I try to drag it over from Building to Inventory, the purchase fails. I get the "not enough coin" error message, despite the player account's gold dropping from 1000gp to 200gp, and the Breastplate doesn't get transferred to inventory. Additionally, I receive these script errors:

Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (iBuy)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (iSell)
    Script Error: [string "DOELocations/Scripts/lsLocationsManager.lua"]:391: attempt to concatenate global 'aBuyerName' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "DOELocations/Scripts/lsLocationsManager.lua"]:391: attempt to concatenate global 'aBuyerName' (a nil value)

I tested it again but this time gave the player account 10,000gp. This time I didn't get the "not enough coin" error message, but the Breastplate still wasn't transferred to inventory, and the PC gold went from 10,000 to 8,800. I also received the same script errors.

Any help would be appreciated!

store error.jpg
    Last edited by Rades; November 13th, 2019 at 06:27.

You have to say what ruleset you are using and what version of FG you see on startup.

Oops, thanks for the reminder - I had meant to have that showing in the screenshot but then I didn't notice the script error window blocked it. Editing my post to reflect this!

I'm getting this error using 5e ruleset FG 3.3.8.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm getting this error using 5e ruleset FG 3.3.8.
    Already posted in post #992.

Please, everyone, when making Bug Reports, scan through the last page of post and see if the Bug has already been reported. If it has, please don't post "Me Too" posts. If you have further information about the bug, then go ahead and post, but please include the Original Post Number (which we use as the Issue Tracking Number) in your post - thanks.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Just uploaded a Bug Fix to the DOE:Locations on the first post (ie a new version).

While only a bug fix for Issue #992, it is recommend you update to the latest version.

The only other DOE being updated at this time is the DOE:Base.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Just uploaded a Bug Fix to the DOE:Locations on the first post (ie a new version).

While only a bug fix for Issue #992, it is recommend you update to the latest version.

The only other DOE being updated at this time is the DOE:Base.

OMGOODNESS I love you man, you fixed AND added a feature Ive been wanting so bad thank you thank you thank you!

Exclamation Bug Reports / Feature Requests

Hi Everyone,

If you would like to report a Bug or make a Feature Request in relation to this DOE please do so in this Thread.

The best way to make a Bug Report and/or Feature Request is to follow these guidelines:
    • Please give your Post a Heading/Title of either “BUG Report” or “Feature Request” (eg. like the Title of this Post). Your Issue will then be assigned an Issue Number of the Post’s Post Number.
    • For Bug Reports, please include:
      • The Version of FG you are using
      • The Ruleset you are using
      • A List of all Extensions you have loaded, including any and all Version Numbers
      • Whether the Bug occurred on the GM's computer, the Player(s) computer, or both
      • Any Error Message(s) displayed (if any)
      • And as detailed a description of what you were doing when the Bug occured
    • For Feature Requests, please include as much detail about the Feature as you can.
    • Before making such a Bug Report or Feature Request Post, please look through this Thread to see if your Issue or Feature hasn’t already been posted. I'll periodically summarise the Bug Reports and the Feature Requests and their Status in a Post to this Thread.
    • If you have further information about a Bug or a Feature Request then you can make an addendum Bug Report or Feature Request by following these guidelines. Please add the original Bug Report or Feature Request Issue/Post Number to the end of your Post's Heading.
    • In an effort to keep the number of Posts in this Thread from being overwhelmed, please do not post “Me Too” Bug Reports or Feature Requests.

If you would like to contact me to obtain help, or for any other reason, please do so by Posting to this Thread (greatly preferred) or, if you require some privacy, to the Fantasy Grounds PM System (not preferred at all).

Note that posting to the Fantasy Grounds Forums will result in the fastest response, not just from me but also from other users of this DOE. I only check my PM Inbox every couple of days.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Dulux, I'm not a programmer, I don't know if it would be too much work, but I'll give you a suggestion / guess if it's feasible, useful, good, otherwise it's worth the intention.
    It would be possible to have DOE: Locations assume the currencies of that local currencies in the options and when I put the items in the Building instead of assuming the gp, it would check the currency it has, the item currency and everything would be all right.
    Example: I can use DOE in conjunction with CoC 7E, there I can adopt $, £, ¢ as my money depending on location and era, so it would be more enjoyable and practical.

Thread Information