DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Starter questions for C&C

Hey everyone, I just picked up some books for this at GameHole Con this past weekend, and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. I am hoping to start a campaign for a virtual game, but I’ve struggled picking up FG in the past and went back to Roll20. That was for original Pathfinder in FG’s defense, and it’s a very complex ruleset with tons of exceptions.

My questions are these: Is the character sheet drag and drop from the modules? I’m hoping to use material from a few of the codexes. Is it hard to add new stuff in? Are there automated functions from the character sheets? I love what FG can do, but I’m apparently too slow to figure out how to make it all work lol. Since this is a smaller community of course, I’m wondering how the support is. I’m willing to get most of the available modules- I love that FG has the adventurer’s backpack. Any help would be great- not sure if it’s easier to stick with what I know, but I keep wanting to come back to FG, and I’m hoping this new system might be the perfect opportunity if the learning curve doesn’t kick my tail again

Blog Entries
    Hello! So FG isn't a huge issue to learn what you need as a player. To CK you probably are best to experience some use as a player in my opinion... everything else builds on that foundation. One thing is to not think you need to know and use everything from the start; add a new bit of functionality every so often once your ability to function in the software grows.

There is some drag/drop functionality, but generally it isn't as advanced as say the D&D Classic (AD&D) ruleset or 5e. Adding content isn't terribly difficult beyond the simple time factor, but you do have to put in some time learning how things work.

Edit: drop me a PM with your Discord information and I can put you through a 90 minute (give or take) introduction to C&C in FG for a player if you are interested.
    Last edited by JohnD; October 24th, 2023 at 15:36.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information