DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Revised 4E Video Tutorials

With the stability of 2.7.0 increasing, and so much changing since I created the first videos I made for Fantasy Grounds, I've started redoing the tutorials to get them up do date. As I'm developing them I'm going to keep the current renders available for review in this thread, for feedback, pointing out errors, or something I've missed.

The videos are hosted on Livestream for the moment (as it's very easy to make updates to them there) and once I'm finished I'll put out a WMV for downloading. Note: Firefox + AdBlock Plus stops the adds on Livestream completely. Also please be aware that when streaming live the audio can get a second or two out of sync with the video; the final versions will be rendered before uploading them, and not have this issue.

These videos are all available for on-demand viewing on my FG2 Livestream channel (higher quality) as well:
    Last edited by Xorn; July 18th, 2010 at 17:03.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Player Quickstart (ver pqx2b)
    Livestream (video-on-demand link)
    WMV (30.84 MB) final cut?

6/26/2010: Frozen video fixed, thanks ShadeRaven.
    6/27/2010: Tutorial completely re-done, voice changed to non-helium.
    6/28/2010: Livestream video fixed, WMV available now too.
    6/28/2010: Tentative final cut uploaded as WMV, will put stream up tonight.
    Last edited by Xorn; June 30th, 2010 at 20:19.
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM

Hosting Games (ver hgx2b)
    WMV (32.48 MB)

6/29/2010: Tentative final cut uploaded (WMV), will get stream up in the morning.
    6/30/2010: Livestream recording added; WMV being re-rendered--forgot the "welcome" clip!
    6/30/2010: WMV fixed and uploaded.
    Last edited by Xorn; June 30th, 2010 at 20:19.
    Ultimate License DM

Campaign Management (ver cmx2a)
    WMV (20.5 MB)

7/5/2010: Revised stream uploaded, audio gets out of sync a bit, will fix it tomorrow.
    7/6/2010: WMV uploaded for offline viewing.
    7/6/2010: Stream fixed, tutorial is final?
    Last edited by Xorn; July 7th, 2010 at 04:46.
    Ultimate License DM

Example Encounter (ver eex2b)
    WMV (44.4 MB)

7/15/2010: I uploaded a quick preview (1st round only) because I'm having so much fun with this!
    7/16/2010: The last tutorial is done, and I'm very pleased with it--after watching this I'm confident anyone will know exactly what FG2 is like! Trying to stream it up now.
    Last edited by Xorn; July 18th, 2010 at 04:22.
    Ultimate License DM

Even after years of using FG2, I seem to always find something new or forgotten in your tutorials that make them well worth watching. Well done as always!

PS: I find the change in voice interesting. Any story behind that? And where's the trademark D&D Dungeon Master cartoon intro?

The voice is simple--it makes the woman in my life laugh, so I stuck with it. I'll put together an intro and some transitions after I've gotten the meat of the videos done. I'm assembling them much differently than before; I can easily go back and change a part I don't like this time. First Livestream up, rather than render it I just streamed the preview playback directly to Livestream; the final video will be sharper.
    Last edited by Xorn; June 26th, 2010 at 06:27.
    Ultimate License DM

Hehe. You know, I was going to write something more glib and humorous about the voice then thought, man, what if the guy had major throat surgery or cancer or a tracheotomy and I laughed at what was a serious condition. So I edited my original comments and approached it a little more sensitively.

Nice work though! Looking forward to the rest of them and the finished products.

Thank you for the update Xorn.

Will there be the option for a non-helium version? I happen to find your normal speaking voice great for a tutorial. I'm not sure I'd be able to get my players to take your instructions seriously otherwise

Blog Entries
    Nice video Xorn, I can see Livestream's Studio has been put to good use. What voice changing software are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

I actually considered doing a something similar when I was asked to create some tutorial videos for map making and few other bits and pieces.

To be honest, the reason I haven't released any videos with sound, is because I hate the sound of my own voice!!! Its sounds nasally and pinched, a bit like Ken Livingston's (those in the UK will know who I am talking about).

The thought of releasing videos with my dulcet tones sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it ...

This is why all my current videos have no accompanying sound. And before you ask, trust me when I say, I am doing you all a favor
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information