FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Is there a guide anywhere to converting FGC extensions to Unity?

Well, in loading a couple of MoreCore extensions I'd originally built in FGC into FGU, I'm finding a few glitches -- record types no longer displaying, sidebar button loadouts no longer defaulting correctly, etc -- and I didn't know if there was any existing guidance as to the things one typically needs to change to make a Classic module compatible with Unity.
    Last edited by crleonhard; February 24th, 2022 at 21:12.

Blog Entries
    Its not so much about FGC vs FGU. At the time of change to FGU about 99% of the code was identical.
    Over time code changes in CoreRPG and the Engine.

this is enough info for a new record type:
    Code:
    	["mc_investigator"] = { 
    		bExport = true,
    		aDataMap = { "mc_investigator", "reference.mc_investigator" }, 
    		sRecordDisplayClass = "mc_investigator", 
    	},

The big thing that I'm struggling with is how to control which buttons are available in the sidebar and associate them with "loadouts" (e.g. "gm", "play", "create pc") now that all the relevant DesktopManager functions have been deprecated.

All sidebar buttons are available in the sidebar, and there are no more "loadouts" (as they confused new users). There are categories that can be specified in the record definition to place a new record type in a category other than "Campaign" (default). (i.e. sSidebarCategory = "create", )

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you, that got me on track. I think I've got a handle on organizing the sidebar buttons now. I'm still having trouble setting a default desktop decal, though. I've got the decal included in a module where I can manually select it through options, but I'd like to have it default automatically when the extension loads. DecalManager.setDefault() seems like the right way to do that, but I suspect I haven't yet found the right place to call it as putting it in the onInit of my overrides lua doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Thread Information