DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Newcomer Needing a little help!

Hello all, I just got a Full licence, being a long time (read old lol) GM, and am very keen to try out FG2..
    I have an introductory scenario all set for my group, but a thing I need help with.
    1. I have imported their character sheets from the DDI builder.
    when I look at the combat tracker, I find NONE of the chars attack options are there, and I have to write them in.. is this how its done? or have I messed you when importing??
    Any thoughts on this would be very gratefully recieved
    Many thanks

If the attack options appear on their character sheets, the import probably worked all right. Iirc, there is an optional setting now that controls how much appears in the CT. also, generally the GM doesn't need access to the attack actions for anyone but the NPCs, so if I'm remembering the setting correctly it defaults to minimal visibility. Unfortunately, not at a PC I can run the program on to verify my thoughts. Someone with more familiarity with the recent changes will probably correct me momentarily.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gmkieran View Post
    If the attack options appear on their character sheets, the import probably worked all right. Iirc, there is an optional setting now that controls how much appears in the CT. also, generally the GM doesn't need access to the attack actions for anyone but the NPCs, so if I'm remembering the setting correctly it defaults to minimal visibility. Unfortunately, not at a PC I can run the program on to verify my thoughts. Someone with more familiarity with the recent changes will probably correct me momentarily.

Cheers!
    Yeah. thanks for that info.. I can see what you mean, I've only ever viewed the CT from a GM level. (When I get home from work, I'll log the wifey's char in and see what attack info she has), Thanks a lot for answering so quick

Blog Entries
    you can always launch a second instance on your GM computer - choose join game, enter a different username and use localhost as server - will let you see player perspective...
    what are you doing playing d&d at work?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    you can always launch a second instance on your GM computer - choose join game, enter a different username and use localhost as server - will let you see player perspective...
    what are you doing playing d&d at work?
    Thanks for that info!.. I was wondering how to do that!.. (it saves kicking the wife out of her seat to get to her PC).
    Good info
    *grins*, I've always played D&D at work!!... some of my best scenarios came out of work time

HI!
    I tried the solution when I got home, and it didn't work, the CT doesn't show my player any attack option at all.
    Last edited by RixCraven; March 12th, 2014 at 18:26. Reason: Later after I tried the fix

Hi Rix,

This is slightly off-topic, but if I didn't post this Nickademus would get upset, so...

As a Newcommer - Welcome! - and you and your players might find my Tutorial Videos of some use. If you haven't found them on YouTube yet, the link is in my Sig, below.

How's that, Nick?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Maybe I am missing something here, but I've never seen player characters' attack options in the combat tracker. Besides I fail to grasp the point of it, since the players have their charactersheet and use the actions tap for combat. Only the GM needs the combat tracker for attack actions as far as I am aware.

Anyways. Welcome! This is a great place to be. I hope you find much fun while here.

Vires Animi

The PC attack options are not tracked in the combat tracker, as they are much more customizable than NPC options (I.e. Stat mods, level mods, etc).

You can access the PC sheet quickly by clicking the link in the CT for the PC.

Regards,
    JPG

To follow up on JPG, if for some reason you need to run an PC you would typically run it off the PC's Mini sheet. PC's have a lot more powers than monsters and NPCs after the first few levels.

Yes, and thanks for all the advice you chaps
    Of course it makes perfect sense for PC's to roll against their sheets. (If I'd plugged my brain in I would have thought of it too)!.
    Anyway, just let me finish by saying you have a great product here, and a hugely helpful forum, which makes all the difference in the world!.
    I'm glad to be a small part of it.

Thread Information