FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Encounter Prep

Have just finished an updated version of Rising Knight A0 with all the encounters filled in, treasures parcelled, identification descriptions set and monsters actually given weapons, so you don't have to add them in when your in the middle of a fight !

I've also sent an email to Targas to see if I can get some of his maps to include too - need to clear that with Smiteworks / Troll Lord Games, but I would have thought extra graphical content volunteered would be highly welcome - digital adventures need a few extra maps / images which face-to-face games can often get away without.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks for doing this once for all, phantomwhale. Just did the same finishing yesterday night, so I know how much effort you did go through.
    The next update will really help newcomers to get into C&C more easily.

Blog Entries
    Another update - at least so I can upload image - this is now found in Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Encounters

Encounter Preparation
    1. Create monsters in NPC list. (or use Library module containing monsters.)
    2. Open Encounters list from button, and create new Encounter record.
    3. Drag NPCs to Encounter window and choose the number of each NPC in this encounter.
    4. Assign tokens to Encounter NPCs from token box. (if not already assigned)
    5. Open map record from Images list.
    6. Right click map and choose
    Layers -> Set Grid
    7. Drag and drop Encounter onto map record. (Hold CTRL while dragging, or enable image shortcuts first by Right click map and choose Layers -> Enable Shortcuts)
    8. Drag and drop Placement tokens from Encounter NPC list onto map record.
    9. Close Encounter record. (Placement tokens will be removed from map.)

Running The Encounter
    1. Open the Map and Click the Shortcut Pin (press CTRL if Pin not visible) to open the Encounter record.
    2. Click on Add to Combat Tracker button (lower left of window), or drag and drop Encounter link onto combat tracker. The Encounter NPCs will automatically be added to the combat tracker, and any pre-placed tokens will be placed on the map.

Attachment 6281

Thread Information