STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Still being developed?

I know that when the rule set came out there were fixes and additional material planned but has there been any additional development? Does it keep up with the current version?

From what I've been told, the original developer has decided not to support it.

It still works fine. There was a few problems when 3.0 rolled out, but Moon Wizard fixed it within an hour of reporting it. That's what I call service!

Vires Animi

Yes, the template is working fine withing the current production build. I was under the impression the the OP was referring to updates/bug fixes or improved functionality.

The M&M template is well done, but there is no current maintenance or support for it. As far as I know, SmiteWorks is open to someone else taking up the helm and supporting the template, but the original author has moved on to other FG projects.

Though I am a professional programmer, I haven't get the time to get into the LUA scripting language to code for FG. I have some ideas on how it could be improved though.

Blog Entries
    i dont think there was a big uptake on this ruleset which given the amount of dev time that went into it was probably a little disheartening

Its a real shame though, because it's really well done. Much like Savage Worlds, once you buy it, everything you could possibly want to play it, is there.

Hi all,

first of all, as developer of the Mutants & Masterminds ruleset I would like to thank you for your interest in the ruleset and the kind words.

The current status of the ruleset is the same as most pre-3.0 rulesets, it's working properly as it did in the prior version, but lacking the new improvements of version 3.

Concerning your question, the reality is that, despite the tremendous time and effort invested on it, M&M ruleset has been quite unsuccessful, maybe because this game system isn't very popular among Fantasy Grounds players or any other reason. I've talked with Smite Works in the past about making updates or addons to the ruleset, but in my opinion it is not worth the hard work. Most of you know or can guess how difficult and time-consuming the development of FG is.

Mostly because of this experience I decided to start my current project, Ruleset Wizard, that will allow users to update or create new rulesets, with full 3.0 capabilities and with a much smaller investment of time and effort. As you will understand I prefer to focus my work into something useful for the whole community. Also I hope it will allow me to update and maintain the M&M ruleset as well.

Blog Entries
    i am most definitely one (hopefully of many) who will support the ruleset builder. i am very happy just playing in my sandbox with the Castles&Crusades ruleset but your ruleset builder really has the potential to open Fantasy Grounds right up to the masses. i see many one off, or a handful only of, requests for this game or that - and there is no way that a dev could code these rulesets for anything other than love (or a bit of masochism). with your ruleset builder they can invest some coin and develop a workable framework for anything they like.
    huge thumbs up from me for even contemplating something so complex.

While I understand why you're taking that stance, but can't someone at least take the time to bring it up to date with basic FG utility? You can't move or resize the chat or modifier window, you can't set the tokens to scale to the map. As far as usability goes it's almost pointless to use the set except that it might understand the rules of the game. Note I'm not asking for a rule update (like erreta) or new books added, just that basic functions be brought up to date, I know that it might be time consuming, but it's a full retail product. (obviously my comment applies to all paid rule sets).

I too would like to see your current project finished (I'd love to use it if it's user friendly to create a ruleset for Mekton Zeta or Silver Age Sentinels), but speaking as a paying customer, at full price there's at least some expectation of basic upkeep.
    Last edited by Tidalwave0089; April 28th, 2014 at 17:56.

I wholeheartedly agree.

This is something I've paid for and I would love it for it to be updated for 3.0. The most important thing for me is the formatted notes. I would love to that in M&M. And the ability to lock the text fields. They are always unlocked, which is a bit annoying, but manageable. I'm not expecting massive changes, but as above, it would be nice to have certain basic features added.

Vires Animi

Thread Information