STAR TREK 2d20

Which previous D&D modules have been made for FG?

Besides Castle Ravenloft, which modules from Hasbro and other 3rd party publishers like Frog God have been made available on the FG store? It seems that some maybe been created but the original names have been changed. I'm looking for modules I used to play back in the 80's and 90's.

D&D Curse of Strahd
    I thought there was a GIANT G1, G2, G3 series but maybe that was only on the other app ROLL20?

Curse of Strahd is in the store. Giant 1, 2 and 3 (Against the Giants) are part of The Yawnig Portal module - also in the store.

Also not quite sure why you are posting in the maps thread.

Also you can search the store by publisher and by ruleset so the above are fairly easy to find.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Could I run the CnC ruleset with the module D&D Tales from the Yawning Portal?
    Would FG automatically do the conversion?

Blog Entries
    No.
    CnC and 5E have different object models. Things like maps and stories would work, but PCs, NPCs, items are all going to give you one error or another.

You would also have to use the Universal Ruleset/Module(?) extension to be able to open a module from one ruleset in another ruleset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Dang, im trying to avoid using 5e and Pathfinder. I do not like either much. I guess I can start a CnC then make my own module using scans of my paper modules.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    Dang, im trying to avoid using 5e and Pathfinder. I do not like either much. I guess I can start a CnC then make my own module using scans of my paper modules.
    As mentioned - you should be able to open the 5E modules in CnC by using the Universal Module extension - but RPG system specific stuff won't work. You'll need to convert/enter monsters, items, etc.. But, you'll probably save yourself a lot of time going this route.

Get the Universal Modules extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension

I'd recommend giving a cheaper/free 5E modules a try first - see how it comes through to FG running the CnC ruleset - what works and what doesn't. For example, here is a link to the DMs Guild showing VTT format products - with the listing at the bottom of the page ordered by price (free/pay-what-you-want products first): https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...page=1&sort=3a Grab a few of these and see how they convert into CnC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[Moved thread to Castles & Crusades forum]
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Another option is to pick-up an older AD&D module that has matching VTT maps available on dmsguild.com or elsewhere (for instance, the G-series maps can be had on Schley's site). The conversion for 1e material is literally 1:1 with no judgement calls needed.

I am planning on converting X2: Castle Amber. It has a map set available (which I caught on sale), so the amount of effort is going to be extremely low for the conversion. I keep hearing good things about X2 and I guess that after almost 40 years that I may as well give it a try.

Anyhow, Fantasy Grounds elevates the need for good graphic resources and quite a few independents have risen to the challenge and the materials are out there for many classic modules.

Last edited by Topdecker; September 6th, 2018 at 14:03.

Thread Information