DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    There is an impression developing, however, where if it isn't a WotC 5e or Paizo Pathfinder release, things are way down the priority list. Perhaps that is wrong... perhaps that is closer to the truth than anyone wants to say.

Its probably a valid observation. These things take time and effort and someone has to do it. These are all pretty much done by community devs and sometimes they take a long time to get fixed... Is that a good answer? Dunno. Its not the answer you want to hear. Its not an answer that tells you when or if it will be fixed. I did see your excellent list - If send it to [email protected] too and see if it helps move it up the pile. Some might e easy fixes. Some will not get fixed - Classic Monsters only has crappy line art in it and only for some monsters (from memory) and they looked pretty poor as tokens so Dr_Venture opted not to include them. Im pretty sure my copy has them but I did it myself (proly not worth the effort but I could upload my copy to SW). I suspect Monsters of Aihdrer is similar in that the source lacks decent art. They should be fixed so that they load generic letter tokens though...

cnc_classic_monsters.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    And the links in Expanding Classes, which came out, what, six months ago, are also blank. This affects Mortar's work as well as I see him commenting above.
    This I hadn't noticed. I'll take a look and get the fix pushed. Thanks.
    Ultimate License Holder

Hey guys, just saw the messages and popped in.

Andraax, if you're up for patching the Crusader modules, I'd be grateful. Honestly, I haven't even been able to open FG in the last 6 months to a year, so my dev chops are pretty worthless now. I hope it's something that is just a find/replace thing to correct the paths. Do you need any files or anything from me?

Hope to be back among your esteemed selves some day, but until that great day...

*silently covers face with a black cape and slinks into the mists...*
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    The windowclasses for both class and racial abilities have changed as well.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its probably a valid observation. These things take time and effort and someone has to do it. These are all pretty much done by community devs and sometimes they take a long time to get fixed... Is that a good answer? Dunno. Its not the answer you want to hear. Its not an answer that tells you when or if it will be fixed. I did see your excellent list - If send it to [email protected] too and see if it helps move it up the pile. Some might e easy fixes. Some will not get fixed...
    I hear what you're saying. I've done my part to support the line; I have a completed C&C bundle on my account. I made those purchases in good faith and the more I look at the content, I essentially paid for stuff that if/when I want to use, I will end up putting in just as much work to bring it up to playable form as if I left my money in my account and did it myself from scratch. That's a problem IMO. Now, this isn't either of the 5e or Pathfinder juggernauts, but still, a customer has a reasonable expectation that what they are buying is better than "here you go now do 75% of the work yourself".

Maybe I am missing something but most of this isn't something that is accidentally broken by an update with an "oops will fix" response; most of this is stuff that should be there and just isn't. Even the stuff that got broken by the patch, that people are running around addressing, well I'm no programmer but logic dictates when you change something, shouldn't you check to see if everything that used to work with whatever it is you changed, still works after the new stuff is put in place?

If my expectations are too high, it would be excellent to know... I can always be far more discriminating with my on-line purchases. I'm not like that BBB guy, but at the same time I know how much I've spent; a lot of this stuff is downright unusable in its current state.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Part of the issue is figuring out whether the original developers are still active. A lot of the C&C content was originally developed by Digital Adventures. After Doug bought SmiteWorks there was a non compete clause in the deal somewhere (this from the DigitalAdventures.net website.) So I am not sure if any of those people are active on the forums still. Nor can I say with any certainty if Andraax is handling any of the DLC other than the ruleset itself.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh - I think one of the Call of Cthulhu 6e devs popped up on the 7e thread a couple of months ago. Otherwise their website hasnt had much action in the last 5 years. let me see if I can find her/his name...

Blog Entries
    I'm putting words in his mouth, and he's free to come in and correct me, but @Andraax has full access to all the C&C DLC so he can make hotfixes if he needs to. I don't think that's his goal though, he's more concerned with the ruleset itself. Perry and I were assigned to do some remasters of existing content (my PHB7 is nearly done, in terms of the reference manual, then I'll go in and clean up all the playable data, it's a hot mess under the hood) but, well, you all are probably getting a feel for my "squirrel!" attention span and focus. There are things I want to do, and things like free remasters so without some feedback of what people are actually using, what people actually want, whatever... I tend to flip around to whatever I'm in the mood for.

I actually don't have "full access" - just PHB, M&T, A0, and the ruleset files.

I have added access to the full C&C line for Andraax. However, please note that I am not signing him up to update the whole line, since he only offered to help with the main product DLC and there are other developers involved. I just wanted him to have access to the other material, so he can access it for any of his updates.

If Andraax or someone else wants to take over monitoring the whole C&C line (like Ikael has done for SW), then please send a note to Doug, so we can discuss what that would look like.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information