FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Yes. I have confirmed that the change to ref_ability has broken C&C for 3.0.4 (as you also did).
    Thanks bud - I added a comment about this in the 3.0.4 dev thread.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Where exactly are these errors occurring in the PHB? SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

While running FG 3.0.4, open the PHB, then open a class or race that has some linked abilities. Click on an ability, and an error message is displayed.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

It's an easy enough to fix (replacing "ability" with "ref_ability") and I've already "fixed" the PHB, and CKG. Modules previous to this didn't have abilities (remember we pushed for their inclusion), So these should be the only two modules affected, aside from the Crusaders Companion. If you use find and replace on the beginning chunk of the "ability" tag, you also won't change any words called "ability" in the main text. Oh, Cry Havoc and Release the Dogs of War. Cheers, SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

The fix is simple and I've already done it, but any modules that users have created that link to Abilities will be broken. Not sure what others are seeing, but *all* existing materials referencing the "abilities" window class will break... including all existing campaigns, as far as I can tell. I just tried it on a copy of my current active campaign, and none of the character abilities can be opened from a character sheet. I don't see any way around this other than coding for legacy windowclasses in the FG app.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    The fix is simple and I've already done it, but any modules that users have created that link to Abilities will be broken. Not sure what others are seeing, but *all* existing materials referencing the "abilities" window class will break... including all existing campaigns, as far as I can tell. I just tried it on a copy of my current active campaign, and none of the character abilities can be opened from a character sheet. I don't see any way around this other than coding for legacy windowclasses in the FG app.
    It is possible to delete skills and abilities, and re-add them from the new module? That worked for my campaign. And backwards compatibility (as we've seen) usually compounds errors. Comments?
    Aliens.... Go fig?

The issue is totally up to Smiteworks, so discussion seems kind of pointless to me. Also, I'd prefer to keep this thread focused on the Crusader's Companion supplement, as opposed to the merits of backwards compatibility.

This has been changed back, update FG.
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    This has been changed back, update FG.
    Ah - thanks for the update!

Thread Information