DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Until Nickademus gets you something, the GM will either have to remove the targets before you trigger the cast for the will save or the roll for damage. Or, the GM can magically heal the ones who wouldn't be affected afterwards.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Or give them a hidden effect that makes them IMMUNE: to positive damage.
    Last edited by Nickademus; March 3rd, 2014 at 20:05. Reason: No need to add force to the immunity
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by sdjohnso View Post
    Our GM plays by pretty strict rules, so we may not always know, prior to casting, whether an enemy is undead (unless we pass an appropriate knowledge check).

So let's say I target every enemy in my Channel's AOE and cast the spell, without knowing that one is not undead due to a failed knowledge check. Can my GM negate the spell for that creature while still having the spell affect the rest of them, or is it best to target each specifically prior to casting?
    Got you right here. Just add 'undead' to the damage type of the channel damage action. If any of your targets are not undead, it will say "[NOT AFFECTED]" and apply no damage. An example of channel exists in the image in the post.

Willot, is there any way you could show a pic of the spell details?

New to creating a spell and am a bit confused by it. Not a lot of info in the user manual from what I saw.

If you have any other resources I should review, please let me know!

Thanks!

Here ya goAttachment 6252
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Looking in the common_data.lua of both PF and 3.5e it does not seem like 'divine' is a damage type. You would need to use 'positive' for it to register as something other than untyped. Also, you should throw in 'force' for the reasons I stated earlier in the thread. (And of course 'undead' if the GM is using the EET extension.)

Yep proberily didnt know positive was a damage type when I wrote it
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Now that I think about it, divine is a damage type in PF and 3.5e (flame strike for instance) and might need to be added. I don't remember if anything grants resistance to divine damage as a special ability, maybe one of the anti-diety archetypes or prestige classes. If not it will be fine being treated as 'untyped'.

Thread Information