DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Nickademus, I didn't realize FG was protecting incorporeals when you attack them now (haven't tried it). I guess that means PFRPG (or 3.5) is smart enough as it stands to recognize that 'incorporeal' reduces damage.
    Yep - when a creature with the Incorporeal quality is added to the combat tracker FG will add the "Incorporeal" condition - which for FG means it will resist all weapon damage from non magical weapons, half from magic weapons (weapon damage type contains "magic"), half damage from spells, unless they have the force damage type. Pretty much covers the damage options automatically.

One thing I have noticed - it "Spell damage" check box in spell damage effects - it is reversed. i.e. If it is checked it does NOT apply spell damage, but if it is not checked then the damage is of TYPE:spell - confusing!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Incorporeal is indeed nicely automated.

Thank you Trenloe. I'll need to check the version update on my Bestiary. Didn't realize it was first printing. And I'm glad the entry was changed to be more clear.

So then, 'positive, force' damage for the channel damage entry to fully affect incorporeal creatures. Any other problems this might cause?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    So then, 'positive, force' damage for the channel damage entry to fully affect incorporeal creatures. Any other problems this might cause?
    I can only think of the rare occasion where some "thing" in the area of a channel is either not undead (that's a given that the GM adjudicates that) or the "thing" is vulnerable or resistant to "force" damage (is there such a thing?)

I think it's pretty safe, probably...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Good to know, thanks.

Nickademus, as Willot entered this, you could cast the damage undead on absolutely anything and it would work, or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    I'd think you would still need to select targets to apply it to.
    Yes, Sorry with this method you would still manually select your targets, and yes you could select living targets with Damage undead. Im just assuming you wouldnt.
    Having the computer automatically select the targets for you I dont think is possible. I wouldnt think having the computer select target for you would be a good idea as there is ALWAYS! an exception to the rule.

Perhaps you are under a curse causing your damage undead to damage the living. Who knows. NEVER EVER allow a computer to make decisions for you (I wish corporation like Microsoft would learn this!)

Reminds me of an old joke "A customer walks into a store to find another customer yelling and screaming pointing to an item on a shelf behind the store clerk. The store clerk upon consulting his COMPUTER says "Its no good pointing at it sir, the computer says we dont have any!"
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Well, it would be nice for the computer to make a guess that the GM could override.

Well, it would be nice for the computer to make a guess that the GM could override.
    NO! This is how it starts! Might I just suggest sir.... and before you know it they are now our machine overlords!!! IT'S THE COMMING OF SKYNET PEOPLE!!!!!!

Its ok Ive had my medication now...I feel better....
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Now that's friggin' funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Yes, Sorry with this method you would still manually select your targets, and yes you could select living targets with Damage undead. Im just assuming you wouldnt.
    That makes perfect sense.

Our GM plays by pretty strict rules, so we may not always know, prior to casting, whether an enemy is undead (unless we pass an appropriate knowledge check).

So let's say I target every enemy in my Channel's AOE and cast the spell, without knowing that one is not undead due to a failed knowledge check. Can my GM negate the spell for that creature while still having the spell affect the rest of them, or is it best to target each specifically prior to casting?

Thank you everyone for all of your replies, I'm learning a lot!

To Your Success,
    Scott Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by sdjohnso View Post
    Our GM plays by pretty strict rules, so we may not always know, prior to casting, whether an enemy is undead (unless we pass an appropriate knowledge check).

So let's say I target every enemy in my Channel's AOE and cast the spell, without knowing that one is not undead due to a failed knowledge check. Can my GM negate the spell for that creature while still having the spell affect the rest of them, or is it best to target each specifically prior to casting?
    I'm working on something (or at least I should be instead of trolling forums) that will take care of this. It will be a few days though, maybe more depending on the difficulties I run into.

Thread Information