STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Long time 3.5 - pathfinder player looking to do some time traveling

Most of my experience with pnp games has been in the 3.5/pathfinder realm, recently taking up the mantle of dm for the remnants of our old group and its new players.

I've become interested in running the older systems because I want something that's a little more rules lite (without being almost completely open ended, like say everway). Not being to familiar with alot of non dnd fantasy systems (played some white wolf games, a little paranoia... god that was fun), I'd like to get opinions on the matters from people around here with experience in them.

Blog Entries
    Most definitely C&C.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Would it be a large bucket of work converting stuff from AD&D into C&C ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaxe View Post
    Would it be a large bucket of work converting stuff from AD&D into C&C ?
    Nope, not really - most of the stuff you'd be very familiar with and the stat blocks are very similar. The main thing you'd have to convert from AD&D is AC - C&C uses the d20 AC numbering (the higher the AC is the harder it is to hit).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice, ill have to start setting aside some of the copious amount of free time I have right now to look into that.

You could take a quick look at this free scenario: https://www.rpgnow.com/product/10893...oses?cPath=255

It'll give you an idea of how Castles & Crusades has the "old school" feel in terms of how creatures are presented (basic, rules-lite info), etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    yep - just the AC really. there are lots of little differences but for monsters thats about it.
    theyve pretty much taken ad&d and tweaked it with some d20 smarts but not much else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimaxe View Post
    Nice, ill have to start setting aside some of the copious amount of free time I have right now to look into that.
    Would you like a one-on-one quick demo/introduction?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Would you like a one-on-one quick demo/introduction?

Sure, pm me with a good time for you.

Thread Information