DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Advice] Importance of lore in relation to custom adventures

Hello there forum!

So, recently I have been prepairing a custom story within the world of Golarion, however I feel as though I should ask a question to this forum before I continue making this campaign. For starters, how important is it for everyone here to play a story that has a "built from the outside in" structure to it? Currently my story is focusing from "the inside out", where I keep adding detail as I learn more about the world of pathfinder. For example, in my campaign I have the setting that isn't really anywhere on the official Golarian map. It's a island continent that for the most part is dominated by the ugothol (but not the homeland of the ugothol). Is that okay, or should I stick to the lore more stictly when making this adventure. Would anyone else here play a pathfinder game if the setting wasn't completely faithful to the lore?

Just my opinion, but the worlds grow through what we add to them in our homebrew campaigns. For instance, I'm in the process of adding another major temple of Lolth to Nerath, because the existing one isn't where I need it to be for my campaign and I see no reason for their not to be more than one. Hopefully you're not concerned that you players are going take issue with the fact that they can't infer information about the campaign and its creatures from your setting. For me, at least, that's part of the joy of playing with a DM who's willing to take the time to do some world-building. So, my $.02, go with it, have fun, add to the world as you see fit.

Cheers!
    GMK

Thread Information