FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 34 of 37 First ... 243233343536 ... Last
    Spells known need (x/day) not just (x) for the number of daily uses. Good examples of the correct format of these are Dragons. Have a look at the ancient red dragon - scroll down a bit from here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...tic-dragon-red
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

so i need to edit the spell section to be a prepared caster and not a spontaneous caster..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    so i need to edit the spell section to be a prepared caster and not a spontaneous caster..
    Nope, just change the daily spell count to be the right format.

For example, change this:
    7th (5)—destruction (DC 24), repulsion (DC 24)

to this:

7th (5/day)—destruction (DC 24), repulsion (DC 24)

Change the daily uses (X) to (X/day) for each spell level.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sweet!!!!

Thanks
    Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

For the example I mentioned (Ancient Red Dragon), this shows the correct format:

Spells Known (CL 15th)
    7th (4/day)—limited wish, spell turning
    6th (6/day)—antimagic field, contingency, greater dispel magic
    5th (7/day)—polymorph, telekinesis (DC 20), teleport, wall of force
    4th (7/day)—fear (DC 19), fire shield, greater invisibility, stoneskin
    3rd (7/day)—dispel magic, displacement, haste, tongues
    2nd (7/day)—alter self, detect thoughts (DC 17), misdirection (DC 17), resist energy, see invisibility
    1st (8/day)—alarm, grease (DC 16), magic missile, shield, true strike
    0 (at will)—arcane mark, bleed, light, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, prestidigitation, read magic

Tried parcing a character for the first time. Got all these errors. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Reading data file: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod
    Logging to: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod.log
    Formatting creature stat block:
    Formatting creature stat block: Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Processing creature:
    Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: The empty string '' is not a valid local name.
    Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Processing creature:
    Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Processing creature:
    Processing creature:
    Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: The empty string '' is not a valid local name.
    Error in btnStartParse_Click, Message: The Writer is closed or in error state.
    Module file created: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod
    Parsing ended - check text above for errors.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatManOmega View Post
    Tried parcing a character for the first time. Got all these errors. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Reading data file: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod
    Logging to: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod.log
    Formatting creature stat block:
    Formatting creature stat block: Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Processing creature:
    Processing creature:
    Processing creature:
    Processing creature:
    Module file created: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules\PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod
    You're trying to use the parser with the OGL Bestiary module supplied with Fantasy Grounds as the input file.

This parser accepts a text file, into which you copied/pasted the text of one or more Pathfinder statblocks. When you press the "Select Data File" button, select the text data file you've created which contains the statblocks.

Please make sure you read the instructions and the gotchas in the first few posts of this thread.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 6th, 2017 at 06:04.

@ Trenloe
    I know you are busy with other things....
    I was curious if you have plans to add all the other spells out there to the spell parse option?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I was curious if you have plans to add all the other spells out there to the spell parse option?
    Not any time soon.

You can substitute a spell module db.xml into the SpellParseRef.xml file - as long as the same structure is present. The parser looks for spelldesc.<XML friendly spell name> to find the XML node with the spell data.

For example, "Acid Arrow" is converted by the parser to acidarrow and spelldesc.acidarrow is looked for in the XML:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <root>
      <spelldesc static="true">
        <acidarrow>
          <name type="string">Acid Arrow</name>
          <school type="string">conjuration(creation)[acid]</school>
          <level type="string">sorcerer/wizard 2, magus 2</level>
          <components type="string">V, S, M (rhubarb leaf and an adder's stomach), F (a dart)</components>
          <castingtime type="string">1 standard action</castingtime>
          <range type="string">long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)</range>
          <effect type="string"> one arrow of acid</effect>
          <duration type="string">1 round + 1 round per three levels</duration>
          <save type="string">none</save>
          <sr type="string">no</sr>
          <shortdescription type="string">Ranged touch attack; 2d4 damage for 1 round + 1 round/three levels.</shortdescription>
          <source type="string">PFRPG Core</source>
          <description type="formattedtext"><p>An arrow of acid springs from your hand and speeds to its target. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit your target. The arrow deals 2d4 points of acid damage with no splash damage. For every three caster levels you possess, the acid, unless neutralized, lasts for another round (to a maximum of 6 additional rounds at 18th level), dealing another 2d4 points of damage in each round.</p>
    </description>
        </acidarrow>
        <acidfog>...
    You can get all of this data from most spell modules - quite quickly if they already support this format.

Then, find where the App installation of the parser is and where SpellParseRef.xml is stored. This should be somewhere under C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Apps. Search for SpellParseRef.xml here. Make a backup of it, and copy/paste the data from the spell module you wish to use into the file, replacing the old data if necessary.

I can only assume I'm doing something stupid here, but I'm getting this error.

Reading data file: C:\Users\AlexxRenolds\Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\Urist McCheesemaker.txt
    Logging to: C:\Users\AlexxRenolds\Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\Urist McCheesemaker.txt.log
    Formatting creature stat block: Vital Strike(Ex) Standard action: x2 weapon damage dice.
    Processing creature:
    Processing creature:
    Module file created: C:\Users\AlexxRenolds\Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\UristMcCheesemaker2.mod

From this file:
    Urist
    XP 134
    N Medium humanoid (dwarf)
    Init +9; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)
    Defense
    AC 18, touch 18, flat-footed 10 (+7 Dex, +1 dodge)
    hp 77 (12d10+7)
    Fort +9, Ref +13, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
    Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +1
    Offense
    Speed 20 ft.
    Ranged +1 heavy crossbow +18 (3d10+23/17-20/x3)
    Special Attacks deadshot, deeds (gunslinger initiative, gunslinger's dodge, pistol-whip, sharp shoot, shooter's resolve, vigilant loading), grit (2), hatred
    Statistics
    Str 10, Dex 24, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Base Atk +12; CMB +12; CMD 30 (34 vs. bull rush, 34 vs. trip)
    Feats Crossbow Mastery[APG], Deadly Aim, Devastating Strike[UC], Improved Critical (heavy crossbow), Improved Vital Strike, Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (heavy crossbow), Weapon Specialization (heavy crossbow)
    Skills Acrobatics +16 (+12 to jump), Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Climb +9, Craft (Cheese) +13, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework), Survival +17; Racial Modifiers +2 Appraise to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones, +2 Perception to notice unusual stonework
    Languages Common, Dwarven
    SQ crossbow expert, dare (out for blood[ACG])
    Other Gear +1 heavy crossbow, belt of incredible dexterity +4, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, mess kit[UE], pot, soap, waterskin, 602 gp, 6 sp
    Special Abilities
    Crossbow Expert(Ex) You gain proficiency with all crossbows including exotic crossbows. In addition you gain the feat Rapid Reload for free at first level. This ability replaces Gunsmith.
    Crossbow Mastery(Ex) (Heavy crossbow) You can reload any crossbow as a free action. With your chosen crossbow type, this does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
    Darkvision(Ex) (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
    Deadly Aim(Ex) -4/+8 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
    Deeds(Ex) Use Grit to perform special abilities with your firearms.
    Defensive Training(Ex) +4 Gain a dodge bonus to AC vs. monsters of the Giant subtype.
    Devastating Strike(Ex) Deal extra damage when using Vital Strike bonus
    Greed(Ex)+2 to Appraise to determine price of nonmagic goods with precious metals or gemstones.
    Grit (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on firearm crit/killing blow.
    Hatred +1 (Ex) Gain a racial bonus to attacks vs. Goblinoids/Orcs.
    Improved Deadshot +3 (Ex) +3 to damage with a readied crossbow, target is denied DEX bonus.
    Nimble +1 (Ex) +1 AC while wearing light or no armor.
    Point-Blank Shot(Ex) +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
    Rapid Reload(Ex) (Heavy crossbow) You can reload fast with one type of Crossbow or Firearm.
    Rapid Shot(Ex) You get an extra attack with ranged weapons. Each attack is at -2.
    Stonecunning(Ex) +2 +2 bonus to Perception vs. unusual stonework. Free check within 10 feet.
    Vital Strike(Ex) Standard action: x2 weapon damage dice.

Thread Information