DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 37 First ... 233132333435 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it likes 2 sets of spell like abilities.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I must have been lacking sleep I missed that My Bad!

Trenloe is there a way to add spells to SpellParseRef.xml long thread not sure if anyone has asked?

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Trenloe is there a way to add spells to SpellParseRef.xml long thread not sure if anyone has asked?
    Yep, just keep the same internal XML format.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just parsed Bestiary 6 but.......

so i made tokens and parsed the Bestiary 6. parser had a few hick ups but got through it all with no errors but when i open it in fg it will not work.. FG keeps pointing me to formatted text in the xml. if I modify it in any way i get root error.

I just went through and reparsed bestiary 1 to add spells for everything. in the end i had to exclude three of the items
    Xill
    skeletal champion
    vampire

the parser did not like the statblocks from any source.

but the only thing in bestiary 6 were skipped spells from sources like HA, OA so i am at a loss....

has anyone done this and had the same problems

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

so i made tokens and parsed the Bestiary 6. parser had a few hick ups but got through it all with no errors but when i open it in fg it will not work.. FG keeps pointing me to formatted text in the xml. if I modify it in any way i get root error.
    Errors in the XML are usually due to ill-formatted spell/spell like ability entries, or special abilities not ending in a period.

You'll need to identify which creatures are causing the issues and look at them in more depth. If the line number of the XML error doesn't help identify which creature, then split the text file into smaller sections and parse those to help identify which creatures are causing the issue.

the parser did not like the statblocks from any source.
    Not sure what you mean by this comment. More info please.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

edit.........
    Last edited by madman; May 2nd, 2017 at 17:13.

Not sure what you mean by this comment. More info please.
    I started with the info from Paizo pdf of bestiary 1 then i pulled the statblocks from the net to see what was causing the problem and i could not get it parse with those three stat blocks in there. that being said I am sure i missed something just not sure what.

Errors in the XML are usually due to ill-formatted spell/spell like ability entries, or special abilities not ending in a period.
    Did not know the parser would go past something with errors. when i have used it before it would always through an error, i fixed it then it worked

Chris

i pulled the blocks out of the bestiary from paizo and removed the spaces it puts in everywhere. no go. then i used the blocks from pfsrd, and the would not work. when i use the FG extension (green ronin) they work so it was something in the txt file or i am just an idiot.
    Every single statblock was "no go"?
    What do you mean by "no go"?

There's not much information to go on here.

Please provide the text of one creature that is a "no go" and give information on what the actual issue is. This will give me a chance to address properly rather than guessing. Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 3rd, 2017 at 04:37.

Did not know the parser would go past something with errors. when i have used it before it would always through an error, i fixed it then it worked
    The new spells parsing works off the information in the NPC statblock and it expects a certain format (as detailed in the Paizo statblock standard), and generates formatted XML for FG to use. Unfortunately, even Paizo statblocks don't always adhere to the standard. The parser app has never tested the syntax of the end XML - so if there are small issues in the original NPC statblock then they won't raise errors in the application, but can result in incorrect FG XML - which the app doesn't test for.

so I tried to narrow it down to just a couple of things

Spells Known (CL 15th; concentration +22)
    7th (5)—destruction (DC 24), repulsion (DC 24)
    6th (7)—animate objects, heal, word of recall
    5th (7)—break enchantment, slay living
    (DC 22), true seeing, wall of stone
    4th (7)—cure critical wounds, dismissal
    (DC 21), divination, spell immunity
    3rd (8)—glyph of warding, meld into stone,
    searing light, speak with dead (DC 20)
    2nd (8)—augury, cure moderate wounds, gentle
    repose, resist energy, silence (DC 19)
    1st (8)—bless, cure light wounds, hide from undead,
    sanctuary (DC 18), shield of faith
    0 (at will)—bleed (DC 17), create water, detect magic,
    guidance, light, mending, read magic, resistance, stabilize

I can not find anything about formatting on this style of stat block.
    I think this is the problem, best i can tell

Thanks for the help Trenloe, sorry for being such a pain in the donkey.

Chris

Thread Information