STAR TREK 2d20
Page 27 of 37 First ... 172526272829 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirlax View Post
    Perhaps I can get some help. I have look at these files over and over and can seem to figure out what is wrong.

Please have a look and let me know if you can tell what is wrong.

Here are the files

Original text file Attachment 13463
    FPF File Attachment 13464
    Db File Attachment 13465

Thanks for you help.
    There's really quite a lot wrong with this (you have many NPC statblocks). So, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go though all of the issues in this large file. The parser will be raising quite a few errors - to start the troubleshooting process, look at the creature statblock that is being processed at the time the error is raised. This will give you an idea which statblock is causing an issue at that point. Sometimes the error will also give you an idea of what the issue is (see the Mad Meinhard statblock below as an example). Remove problem statblocks and work on them separately.

To give you some examples:
    - Baron Arkov Vandermir: has a "Bloodline Spell-like Abilities" section, remove this and move the data to the SQ section. See "Invalid Spell Like Abilities entries" in post #2 for details on why this is an invalid entry.
    - Carnitheria Rex, Nightmare: The Spell-Like Abilities section has invalid data in the listing: 1/day (self plus 1 rider only)—plane shift. The parser reads the number per day entry before the list of spell like abilities, the (self plus 1 rider only) text is messing with this. Move this to later in the list. e.g. 1/day-plane shift (self plus 1 rider only)
    - Sir Valin Darian, Heir of the Victor: Missing a Wisdom ability score.
    - Meinhard Mott aka “Mad Meinhard” - check the error being raised. It says the name is invalid and " cannot be included in the name.

These will parse OK, but will cause issues with XML when loading in FG:
    - Zikomo Hears-the-Father: The oracle spells known for 0 level are labelled as 0th -- change this to 0 (at will)-. Also, change all of the -- in the spell lists to a single hyphen (-) and remove spaces. e.g. 2nd(4/day) -- cure moderate wounds,... should be 2nd(4/day)-cure moderate wounds,
    -Fineas Greenhold: Change "Gnome Spell-Like Abilities" to "Spell-Like Abilities" and remove the "Bloodline Spell-Like Abilities" section (as per Baron Arkov Vandermir above).
    - Posca the Merchant - spell lists are across multiple lines - spell level should start at the beginning of a line.

Then there will be a few more errors if you're including spells in the module (which you'll want to). Go through the spell lists and check for the various issues I've raised above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks,

I feel a little foolish now, Thanks for your time and help. I will go through it again look for those fixes.

Thanks agian.

Oh, and Sir Richard didn't have "CL" in the Spell Like Abilities section, i.e. it should be: Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +12)

I've attached a .txt file that should parse (including spells). There might be some spells not matching properly - check the output in the parser itself to see which ones might need fixing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirlax View Post
    Thanks,

I feel a little foolish now...
    That's OK - that certainly had quite a few little formatting issues in that text file. If that was your first parsing, you certainly picked a difficult one!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    OK. Here are the updates.
    Thanks for doing this, Blackfoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    OK. Here are the updates. The Ooze wasn't actually named Huge Ooze it was Color of something or other... it's fixed now.
    Thanks very much. Main module threads updated with these files.

download link is leading to a dropbox "stop sign".

Quote Originally Posted by driznuts View Post
    download link is leading to a dropbox "stop sign".
    Too many downloads recently. Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6o...ew?usp=sharing

thank you much. +1 Trenloe

Welcome to the forums and community Driznuts!

Thread Information