STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 37 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Thanks for the quick reply --
    Ok, so I see a folder called "EmeraldSpireEditMonsters" made by the parser and in that folder is a db XML file. I assume that is the file I am to look in? When I open it up there is a bunch of formatted XML stuff that I do not understand. How do I find line 1846 in all that?

Thanks, again

Quote Originally Posted by Lawleslisa View Post
    Ok, so I see a folder called "EmeraldSpireEditMonsters" made by the parser and in that folder is a db XML file. I assume that is the file I am to look in? When I open it up there is a bunch of formatted XML stuff that I do not understand. How do I find line 1846 in all that?
    Use application like Notepad++ (free) to open the db.xml file - this will put lines numbers down the left side: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

However, if you're not familiar with XML then you're probably not going to be able to find the error.

Remove one creature at a time from your text file and parse the module with the parser, then try opening it in Fantasy Grounds (just close/open the module in module activation). When there are no errors, then you know that the last creature you removed is causing the problem. If you're familiar with NPC statblocks you might be able to find out what the issue is with the statblock not conforming to the Paizo standard - see the first few posts of this thread for guidelines. Otherwise it might just be work you manually entering that NPC and not including it in the text file you parse.

Or, if you have identified the problem NPC statblock, but can't work out what the issue is post just the problem stat block here and someone will help you identify the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, Trenloe, for your advice and help.

Darrenan was kind enough to help me out with this module and I am all set now

Whats this all about?

cant figure out whats going wrong with this one
    Code:
    Two pairs of stretched and veiny leather wings adorn the back of this shrouded reptilian nightmare.
    Dorvae CR 11 
    XP 12,800
    NE Medium outsider (evil)
    Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., see invisibility; Perception +24
    DEFENSE
    AC 24, touch 16, flat-footed 18 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +8 natural)
    hp 123 (13d10+52)
    Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +10
    DR 10/good; Immune mind-affecting effects, poison; SR 22
    OFFENSE
    Spd 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
    Melee 2 claws +18 (3d8+4/19-20 plus grab)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks writhing snakes
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 11th; concentration +14) 
    Constant—see invisibility 
    At Will—detect thoughts (DC 15) 
    3/day—bestow curse (DC 17), dimension door 
    1/day—feeblemind (DC 18), lesser geas (DC 17)
    STATISTICS
    Str 18, Dex 21, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 17
    Base Atk +13; CMB +20 (+24 grapple); CMD 33
    Feats Agile Maneuvers, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Critical (claw), Mobility, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Focus (claw)
    Skills Acrobatics +21, Bluff +19, Diplomacy +13, Fly +18, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (planes) +19, Knowledge (religion) +19, Perception +24, Sense Motive +18, Stealth +21
    Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Infernal; telepathy 50 ft.
    ECOLOGY
    Environment any (evil planes)
    Organization solitary
    Treasure standard
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Writhing Snakes (Ex) When a dorvae succeeds at a grapple check against an opponent, the serpents of its body writhe around the grappled foe, biting wherever they can gain purchase. This deals 2d8 points of piercing damage, and the grappled foe is subject to the dorvae's supernatural poison. Dorvae Poison (Su) Writhing snakes-injury; save DC 20; frequency 1/round for 12 rounds; effect 1d4 Wis and on the first failed save the target is susceptible to the dorvae's lesser geas no matter its Hit Dice for 24 hours. Cure 3 saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.
    The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    The result works until TYPE: it just keeps adding onto the string. It's like if doesnt see the word Init.
    Last edited by Willot; July 6th, 2014 at 01:44.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Code:
    Two pairs of stretched and veiny leather wings adorn the back of this shrouded reptilian nightmare.
    Dorvae CR 11 
    XP 12,800
    NE Medium outsider (evil)
    Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., see invisibility; Perception +24
    DEFENSE
    AC 24, touch 16, flat-footed 18 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +8 natural)
    hp 123 (13d10+52)
    Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +10
    DR 10/good; Immune mind-affecting effects, poison; SR 22
    OFFENSE
    Spd 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
    Melee 2 claws +18 (3d8+4/19-20 plus grab)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks writhing snakes
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 11th; concentration +14) 
    Constant—see invisibility 
    At Will—detect thoughts (DC 15) 
    3/day—bestow curse (DC 17), dimension door 
    1/day—feeblemind (DC 18), lesser geas (DC 17)
    STATISTICS
    Str 18, Dex 21, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 17
    Base Atk +13; CMB +20 (+24 grapple); CMD 33
    Feats Agile Maneuvers, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Critical (claw), Mobility, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Focus (claw)
    Skills Acrobatics +21, Bluff +19, Diplomacy +13, Fly +18, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (planes) +19, Knowledge (religion) +19, Perception +24, Sense Motive +18, Stealth +21
    Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Infernal; telepathy 50 ft.
    ECOLOGY
    Environment any (evil planes)
    Organization solitary
    Treasure standard
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Writhing Snakes (Ex) When a dorvae succeeds at a grapple check against an opponent, the serpents of its body writhe around the grappled foe, biting wherever they can gain purchase. This deals 2d8 points of piercing damage, and the grappled foe is subject to the dorvae's supernatural poison. Dorvae Poison (Su) Writhing snakes-injury; save DC 20; frequency 1/round for 12 rounds; effect 1d4 Wis and on the first failed save the target is susceptible to the dorvae's lesser geas no matter its Hit Dice for 24 hours. Cure 3 saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.
    The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    The result works until TYPE: it just keeps adding onto the string. It's like if doesnt see the word Init.
    I've just copied the above into a text file and parsed and it worked fine.

What version of the parser are you using?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Attached is the file I used that worked fine.

Version is 2.0.0.1

I should of said it "compiles" Fine but when you look at it its messed up

Heres the fpf
    Code:
    DESCRIPTION:Two pairs of stretched and veiny leather wings adorn the back of this shrouded reptilian nightmare.
    NAME:Dorvae CR 11
    XP:12800
    TYPE:NE Medium outsider (evil) Init*+5;*Senses*darkvision 60 ft.,*see invisibility; Perception +24 DEFENSE AC*24, touch 16, flat-footed 18 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +8 natural) hp*123 (13d10+52) Fort*+8,*Ref*+13,*Will*+10 DR*10/good;*Immune*mind-affecting effects, poison;*SR*22 OFFENSE Spd*30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good) Melee*2 claws +18 (3d8+4/19-20 plus grab) Space*5 ft.;*Reach*5 ft. Special Attacks*writhing snakes Spell-Like Abilities*(CL 11th; concentration +14) Constant-see invisibility At Will-detect thoughts*(DC 15) 3/day-bestow curse*(DC 17),*dimension door 1/day-feeblemind*(DC 18),*lesser geas*(DC 17) STATISTICS Str*18,*Dex*21,*Con*18,*Int*17,*Wis*14,*Cha*17 Base Atk*+13;*CMB*+20 (+24 grapple);*CMD*33 Feats*Agile Maneuvers, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Critical (claw), Mobility, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Focus (claw) Skills*Acrobatics +21, Bluff +19, Diplomacy +13, Fly +18, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (planes) +19, Knowledge (religion) +19, Perception +24, Sense Motive +18, Stealth +21 Languages*Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Infernal; telepathy 50 ft. ECOLOGY Environment*any (evil planes) Organization*solitary Treasure*standard SPECIAL ABILITIES Writhing Snakes (Ex)*When a dorvae succeeds at a grapple check against an opponent, the serpents of its body writhe around the grappled foe, biting wherever they can gain purchase. This deals 2d8 points of piercing damage, and the grappled foe is subject to the dorvae's supernatural poison.*Dorvae Poison (Su)*Writhing snakes-injury;*save*DC 20;*frequency*1/round for 12 rounds;*effect*1d4 Wis and on the first failed*save*the target is susceptible to the dorvae's*lesser geas*no matter its Hit Dice for 24 hours.*Cure*3 saves. The save DC is Constitution-based. The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    INIT:The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    AC:e dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    HP:The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    SAVES:The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    DEFENSIVEABILITIES:The dorvaes are a race of fiends standing apart from all others. Each dorvae prides itself on owing no allegiance to anything but itself, and is never willing to suffer a master no matter how powerful or intelligent that creature may be. Dorvaes believe all other creatures in the universe live solely to entertain the dorvaes' perverse pleasures. Cruel, selfish, and calculating, each dorvae pursues its own dark agenda and desires without guilt, empathy for its playthings, or even consideration of the possible consequences. Master manipulators, dorvaes would rather stand back and create unquestioning minions to champion their schemes. Many dorvaes meddle in the politics and power plays of evil planar beings, but a number of these fiends ply their manipulations on the Material Plane. Often they seek out primitive humanoid tribes, which they lead like vengeful and angry gods. Others look for cosmopolitan centers to manipulate, often masquerading as the mysterious leaders of foreign cults, or as the masterminds of criminal societies.
    mmm ok odd yours works
    Last edited by Willot; July 6th, 2014 at 03:23.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Well anyways there must be some special character thats getting transplanted across or something. Ive gotten this done at least. If its any help to you guys

Formatted Beastary 4

There might be the odd mistake tho. But it may help speed things along

Well anyways there must be some special character thats getting transplanted across or something. Ive gotten this done at least. If its any help to you guys

Formatted Beastary 4

There might be the odd mistake tho. But it may help speed things along
    Thanks, that's nice of you to share.

But, I take it you didn't realise there was an ongoing group effort to compile Bestiary 4?? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reature-Parser

Complete as of about 10 minutes ago.

Yep Just noticed! Good timing ! lol

Thread Information