STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Huh... thanks for that!
    Those kinda jumped out at me because I have a player that uses those extensively.

Hi JohnD,

Could you tell me where to place the file "attachment.php" that contain the C&C Effects & modifiers?

Thank you,

Rook

Blog Entries
    Hey Rook... not sure what you're referring to. But I will be uploading a new version soon.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

JohnD,

When I click on the link entitle "C&C effects & modifiers.zip" that you posted on Fed. 20, I am prompted to save or open "attachment.php" from the fantasygrounds site. I am confused as to why it comes up "attachment.php". Any theories?

Rook

Blog Entries
    Hmm... no idea - from distant memory might be something to do with security settings on your browser, but I'm reaching back 5+ to my techie days. PM me an email address and I'll send you the file.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    try a different browser to start with - it should be a .zip file but there have been the odd post where someone else has experienced a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    When I click on the link entitle "C&C effects & modifiers.zip" that you posted on Fed. 20, I am prompted to save or open "attachment.php" from the fantasygrounds site. I am confused as to why it comes up "attachment.php". Any theories?
    The link to John's module doesn't go straight to the module file, it goes to a PHP web page on the FG web site that manages files attached to forum postings. If you are right-clicking the link and choosing "Save Link As..." (or something like that), you're actually saving the web page that manages attachments, not the attachment. You have to click on the link normally.

Of course, if you *are* clicking on the link normally... I got nothin. Perhaps another browser (or making sure you have the latest version of your preferred browser) is the best way to go.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    The link to John's module doesn't go straight to the module file, it goes to a PHP web page on the FG web site that manages files attached to forum postings. If you are right-clicking the link and choosing "Save Link As..." (or something like that), you're actually saving the web page that manages attachments, not the attachment. You have to click on the link normally.

Of course, if you *are* clicking on the link normally... I got nothin. Perhaps another browser (or making sure you have the latest version of your preferred browser) is the best way to go.

Added details and examples to the C&C user guides on the wiki.

Link to Wiki User Guides

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hmm... reminds me I've added some effects; need to upload an update.

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information