5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    It would be great if there was a link in the combat tracker to quickly open up a player's "combat" sheet or "powers" sheet, instead of opening up the main character sheet, then having to open up the sub-pages. Truth be told: I sometimes play in "solo" mode and having to constantly open up those sub-pages when playing 4 or 5 characters at a time is tedious. The 4E ruleset used to remember what page of the character sheet you were looking at. It also had tabs, it didn't open up new windows all the time.

It would be cool if the below options were available in the "options" section.
    Options for Critical Hits - two dice, instead of max plus a die. The latest playtest says critical hits roll two damage die, and add modifier once. It replaced the previous: maximize the weapon die and roll a second one.
    Options for HP increases such as "increase all NPC HP by 50%", "decrease all NPC HP by 50%", "increase all NPC HP by 100%". So a DM would have access to a very easy difficulty lever. It was an option in the 4E ruleset.

Also, I when an NPC dies, and I attempt to "delete" it from the Combat Tracker, it does not remove the token from the battlemap. I then have to manually remove the token. It used to be a very nice feature in the 4E ruleset.
    Last edited by JamesManhattan; April 26th, 2014 at 20:04.

I agree, it would be nice to be able to quickly get to those items from the combat tracker, perhaps a mini sheet for combat? I'm not so sure about the critical hits.

The latest playtest a majority of us have access to is 09/19/13 which is still Max Damage plus an additional damage die and add modifier. Since the public playtest is over, development will likely have to remain toward what is still the widest distribution.

Deleting from the combat tracker also deleted the token in 3.03. This is new behavior in 3.04.

I've been travelling, so haven't had a chance to dig on these items until now.

• The rules automation in the ruleset is based on the 10/14/2013 play test packet, including proficiency bonus and critical hit definition.
    • When I open a character as a player, I can edit the weapon attack and damage ability selection cycler by clicking on them.
    • I agree that "Base" should probably be the default for weapon damage. Let me look at it.
    • I'm looking into CT entry deletion, and linked tokens not being deleted.
    • The options you mentioned are house rules. I'd like to wait a bit after official release before implementing house rules options.
    • The current design of the character sheet is an experiment that I came up with to give players more control over the individual pieces of their character sheet. For players (not GM), they want to access specific aspects of the sheet for gaming. By breaking them out, the players can add individual links to their hot key bar for each page for quicker access to the things they need. It is an extra click for GMs to get to data, but the concept was to make it better for players. I'd like to get player feedback on the new PC sheet layout (exploded vs. tabbed) without considering the impact on the GM for now.

Regards,
    JPG

I will say the design is completely awesome. I love the feel and look of the whole thing. It's also super-awesome how much of everything works so far. I don't want to just point out negative things.

I didn't even think of dragging the character sheet section links, that alone will make things much easier. Thanks

Lastly, this might be asking too much, but a lot of spells in Next do half on a miss. It would be cool if there was functionality so that if you targeted a bunch of monsters, made them all roll saves, then the targeting control would not remove the misses, but maybe turn the lines red on missed targets, and keep track of which ones were hit and missed. Then you could apply full damage to the hits, and half to the misses. The targeting functionality now just automatically removes the missed targets, making it difficult sometimes to apply half damage to a bunch of targets. Currently somehow critical hits are being kept track of in the background, and applied automatically even if you aren't using the targeting functioning.

Hi,

I think found a bug in the combat tracker & recharge powers.

When the combat tracker rolls a die to recharge the power, and the roll is a success; the tag [used] does not change. And not reroll any die when I use the power again o is the monster turn.

I've a question about 5E ruleset: is it normal whatever the character I create, he has always a disavantage in STRength and DEXterity (and for all rolls with one of this stat) ? I've missed something ? (in 3.0.3 or 3.0.4)

Ah no...no, that's not normal.

Ok, I found my mistake. Just unchecked the "star" under the AC (Proficient)...
    So, not a bug ! Just a silly thing from my part

Ah hah, yes that would be normal behavior then

After quite an absence I am back and just loaded up the 5E set in Beta. My first reaction is wow. Looks cool. Just started to look around and tinker.

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

Thread Information