STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Ok from our first session, here's what we have found.

When using the Hit Dice to recover health this is displayed in chat and no health is recovered. The character's class, die, and level is properly set.
    Recovery [6] -> [to Calnoth] [INSUFFICIENT HIT DICE FOR THIS CLASS]

Init from Combat Tab does not add Dex Mod

NPC initiative values are all 0 in the tracker, no Dex modifiers being added.

Party Sheet: Awarding XP isn't awarding XP and shows blank in the list after encounters are added to it.

Character speed values are not showing up in Combat Tracker.

Unable to split stacks of potions in distribution. Cannot put multiple character names in Assignment slot.

Resting, short or long, does not reset combat. How do you reset the combat tracker?

For HD, that message appears if the number of "Used" column next to the Hit Die is equal to or greater than the level for the class.

For Init, it's adding correctly for me. Can you look at the details (magnifying glass in upper right of combat tab) to see if Dex bonus is displaying correctly?

For CT init for NPCs, the tracker uses the Dex modifier at the time that the CT record is created. If created by a drop from a module, then the initiative will be set to the Dex value. If changed after creation or created manually, the initiative field will need to be changed manually. Is this what you are seeing?

For splitting items in distribution, the party sheet does not currently support splitting or distribution to multiple members for any ruleset. Probably a wish list item at this point.

Thanks,
    JPG

Splitting a stack of items between multiple characters is more of a wish list thing

The character level is 2, I tried it with the Used column blank (couldn't set it to 0) and 1 with the same results. On the combat tab it appears correct, in the chat window Init's Dex mod is not showing for NPCs (if Init is rolled from their stat sheet) or Characters. Here's a screenshot with both issues I have no idea if Dex is being applied when NPCs are first added to the tracker.

Attachment 6100
    Last edited by Irondrake; February 22nd, 2014 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For HD, that message appears if the number of "Used" column next to the Hit Die is equal to or greater than the level for the class.
    tested again, but it still doesn't works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For Init, it's adding correctly for me. Can you look at the details (magnifying glass in upper right of combat tab) to see if Dex bonus is displaying correctly?
    In the CT the Init field insn't properly linked when dropping PCs.

New v3.0.3 udpate with 5E fixes.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v3-0-3

Known 5E Issues:
    * First header on PC actions tab disappears when clicking to collapse section
    * No ammo tracking

Cheers,
    JPG

Hit Dice and Character Initiative seem to be working fine, thank you! NPC initiative is still coming up with a 0 Modifier when being dropped from an encounter. I wonder if this is a parse issue? I'm using the initial dataset, still working out some parsing issues with the latest Playtest. There's no Init field on the NPC sheets, but the Dex mods are there. I have a creature with a Dex of 17 (+3) that showed up on the combat tracker with an Initiative of 1. One more oddity, and this actually started happening before this update but I didn't really pay much attention to it until now. When my campaign opens I get the following error message:

Script Error: attempt to compare two userdata values
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.

I sent you an e-mail to get more info.

Thanks,
    JPG

I still have yet to play a game but I have par5ed a lot of data. One thing I have found is some NPCs in the currently published documents have a REACTIONS section that is not accounted for in the ruleset. The par5er grabs the data but the NPC template is not set to use the data. An example would be the Death Knight in the Bestiary has a Parry reaction. They should have the exact same formatting as the ACTIONS do now.

Spell DCs for players still seems to be a little off. It is now taking into account proficiency but its ignoring the Ability bonus listed. If you choose Group DC it stays at 8 if you choose Group DC + Proficiency it goes to 9. I've set the correct ability in the Group header (Wis for the character is 16, should be +3, spell DC should be 12 instead of 9). I'm able to get around this by manually adding the +3 in so thank you for that! I've also noticed the REACTIONS section is missing in parsed NPCs and Scourge of the Sword Coast has a bit of a new format. Some creatures there also have an APPEARANCE section.

Looking at the Sword Coast stuff, here are some thoughts.
    * The Flubnak monster listing example you pointed me too seems way too long. I thought they were trying to keep things simple. This is the opposite. (a half page for a single creature)
    * I can add reactions to NPC and CT, just hope it stays around long term.
    * It looks like we may need some of the traits broken out, but maybe we should hold off a bit longer until the NPC stat block stops changing? (i.e. Skills, Damage Resistance, Immunities)
    * The Appearance section seems like it should just be dropped in the NPC Other tab for now. We could add to the Main tab, but it just adds to the too long comment above.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information