Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazoodust View Post
    Not sure if it's me or another extension causing the issue, but I keep getting this error.

Script Error: [string "Common/Scripts/lsDesktopManager.lua"]:243: attempt to compare number with string
    It'll be the two Extensions interacting with each other (assuming its v2.1 that you're talking about) - All of my recently released/updated Extensions modify the Desktop Manager (by overriding the default Desktop Manager with the lsDesktopManager.lua file).

Its normally only a small change needed to get the Extensions to work together - which Ruleset and Extensions are you using?

In the meantime, a work-around is to load up the AltColourGizmo by itself, make any necessary changes to the relevant PC's die colour with the HexCode, then reload the Ruleset without the ColourGizmo loaded but with any others you choose to. Of course, if you are only changing colour via the Gizmo and mouse clicks then you don't need the Extension.

Anyway, get back to me with the relevant info and I'll get things fixed

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    I'm running 3.1.2 and 2.1 of the gizmo.It shows up when I use the town database along with the gizmo. Can't seem to find where I got that one, I have you're locations database that runs just fine with it, so I'll just not use the town one as it may be the one that's outdated and really causing the issues. I'm pretty new at this, so have some patience if I ask dumb questions occasionally !!

That's cool - don't worry about asking dumb questions, we all did at some stage

The original Town Database (& its sister the Shop Database) were written a while back (by I forget who) - they were part of my inspiration for my Locations Database. I don't know, but I've got a feeling they've not been maintained/updated much - probably because my Locations Database does everything they did and more and it is being maintained (or that could just be my rampant ego taking over again). Both of those Extensions are still listed on the 3.5E/PF and CoreRPG Extension Threads, so you probably picked it up from there.

If you've found an acceptable solution then that's great - I'll stop worrying about investigating what's been going wrong and concentrate on the new version of the Locations & Weather Extensions (& the Organisation and WMC Extensions).

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

With the release of several new Extensions and the improvement of several old ones, the Alternate ColourGizmo Extension's functionality has been incorporated into the new DOE Base Extension. As such, I am closing this Thread down and removing the Alternate ColourGizmo Extension files from the first post.

Thankyou to everyone who has given me feedback on this Extension over the years, and I hope you'll like the new Extensions as well.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 8th, 2015 at 00:21.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information