DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    At the moment I think it will be centered in the city of Whitecliff in Q'barra. There isn't much I can reference on the details of that settlement which, in addition to the geography, seems to make it a good fit.

I plan to use action points and would allow most feats from Eberron material. Its unlikely I will arbitrarily disallow any one particular Feat but it may be worth asking about a specific one if a character concept is dependent on it.

I currently also plan to allow psionics as well as dragon marks. Races open to discussion within Canon (which is pretty flexible in eberron)

Eternal wands were a magic item compendium thing?

My apologies for the somewhat shoddy responses. I've been away from the computer for a bit and am replying from my phone.

Oh and Wednesdays seem the most likely day. (Every other of course)
    Last edited by KhybersGhost; February 8th, 2014 at 05:09.

I don't plan on using this, but it is in one of my builds and it does represent one of the minor problems in converting Pathfinder - Golarion to Eberron. Question:

In the Golarion-specific material for Pathfinder (the 'Accesories') there is a feat called Dervish Dance that simulate the whirling dervish's ability to use grace and momentum through fluid movements in combat to supplant Str with Dex for attack and damage with a scimitar (and only a scimitar). While dervishes were typical to an Arabian setting, in Golarion, and subsequently Pathfinder, the dervishes were presented as the fighting elite of a religion devoted to a healing goddess. The feat itself actually has the prerequisite "worships Sarenrae" meaning that if you stopped worshiping her you lost access to the feat.

I'm not entirely sure why they tied this feat to a religion (and never printed a non-Golarion version). It might be a balance issue with forcing the character to worship a good-aligned diety, though I can't imagine why, or it could just be flavor. Regardless, for content from Pathfinder that is specifically tied to an aspect of Golarion are you going to

A. remove the content
    B. remove the tie to Golarion
    C. find a parallel in Eberron for the Golarion-specific requisites
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Well, I'm game for Wednesday, and I'm willing to play any class needed to make a balanced party. That is, if I'm one of the people who gets into your game.
    FGII Full License
    Time Zone: CST/CDT

Not sure about where you found dervish dance requiring being a follower of Sarenrae, but on PFSRD, it doesn't require that. I think that is simply a favored feat for followers of her, as her weapon is a scimitar and dancing is connected to her, would have to double check.

Dervish Dance
    It requires Dex 13, Weapon Finesse, Dance 2 ranks, prof. w/ scimitar.

Theme wise it would fit for Elves from Valenar. The only dessert I can remember is rather remote on the far side of a mountain range in the Northwest. Hmm. Q'bara.
    I know Q'bara is somewhat remote and mostly consists of jungles, in the South east on a far side of a mountain range, with Valenar (militaristic elves) and Lhazzar (pirates), being neighbors.

I will need to look that up and read up on it, does anyone want a more indepth summary?
    Last edited by Mgrancey; February 8th, 2014 at 06:37.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Nope ...the dervish dance is rather sucky when tied to only using it with a scimitar (Sarenrea's weapon). Would be nice to have linked to a more common treasure loot gen weapon ..not easy to come across scim's. LoL

Thursday is not good for me but Wedn is just fine as is Friday & Saturday evenings (Central time zone here)

A. remove the content
    B. remove the tie to Golarion
    C. find a parallel in Eberron for the Golarion-specific requisites
    I wasn't familiar with the specific feat in question until now but to answer your more general question my tendency is to do C -- > B --> A. There is a certain amount of flexibility required when adapting a setting based rule-set to another setting. If I actually remove a feat or game element it is generally because I find the mechanic isn't present and therefore is hard to implement or the particular feat is unbalanced. (Rare)

Theme wise it would fit for Elves from Valenar. The only dessert I can remember is rather remote on the far side of a mountain range in the Northwest. Hmm. Q'bara.
    I know Q'bara is somewhat remote and mostly consists of jungles, in the South east on a far side of a mountain range, with Valenar (militaristic elves) and Lhazzar (pirates), being neighbors.
    As far as parallels with Eberron, I was going to mention this exactly, but Mgrancey beat me to it.

Seems like you've pulled plenty of interest, is everyone that responded alright to join the game? I'm not too familiar with Eberron but I'm fine with spending a few hours brushing up on the stuff, just want to know I'll be using the info before I devote the time (Maybe set up a calendar for the game?) I'm still thinking Charismatic Rogue, maybe someone that tries to hide the fact that he can pick locks and tries to pass off his sneak attacks as knowing enemy weaknesses, maybe be more str and less dex based too.

I'll get a Calendar entry up tomorrow morning. It will probably have a start date in a week or two. I think I will go with 4 players to start and see how it works out. For players, Ksathra, Nickademus, ThePirateKing and Mgrancey. (Unless anyone has changed their mind)

Feel free to PM me in the meantime for character creation questions/thoughts.

Characters I usually build are mix of useful and themed
    You might consider the Artificer

I'm glad I made the cut. Though too bad you are only going with 4, I've played with JerryRig before, and he's a very reliable player, Nick would most likely agree with me.

On another note, if Ksathra is thinking rogue, what will Nick and Mgrancey thinking about playing?
    FGII Full License
    Time Zone: CST/CDT

Thread Information