STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    there's a lot to cover about Eberron, but from the original campaign setting here are the 10 things you should know about Eberron:

1) if exists in D&D and has a place in Eberron
    2) campaign combines traditional medieval fantasy with swashbuckling action and dark adventure. alignments are relative gauges and not absolute barometers
    3) a world of magic, specifically a world of magitech; meaning that technology is based upon the use of magical energy. As examples: trains that run on lightning, ships that fly using elementals, and mass-produced minor magical items.
    4) Is a world of adventure there are mysterious jungles filled with giants and drow there are blasted hills and valleys in the demon waste and other such examples.
    5) The last war has ended sort of. The last war was a century long war that involve the entire continent of Khorvaire and is now in a Cold War status.
    6) There are 5 human nations: Aundair, Breland, Cyre, Karrnath, Thrane. There are 2 nations of monsters or monstrous humanoids as well as countries belonging to other individual races.
    7) Eberron is meant to be a world of intrigue, see Cold War, where Dragon marked houses, nations, and many others are all involved in espionage and intrigue.
    8) There are Dragon marked houses and their dynasties, each house has special abilities granted by their Dragon marks as well as having a near monopoly over the industries related to said marks.
    9) There are Dragon shards which are used to create an harness powerful magical items, supposedly they come from one of the 3 dragons that may up Eberron's world.
    10) There are new races: shifters, kalashtar, warforged, and changelings.

There are 4 continents, the focus is on Khorvaire, one is but to ruins and jungles, another is the home of dragons and outsiders are not welcomed, and the last is where humans came from but is now xenophobic.
    some of the differences that exist between Eberron and normal fantasy settings include halflings that are nomads, elves practice ancestor worship and preserve important people using a type of good undead, gnomes have a strong scholarly focus and host one of the best universities in the world, half orcs and orcs have been important and noble heritage protecting Eberron against aberrations.

Some particularly noteworthy events that occurred include the independence of the warforged as sentient beings, the utter destruction of Cyre though what occurred is unknown, Karrnath's use of undead as soldiers in their armies. Older noteworthy events include the Silver Flames near genocide of were–creatures, the war between Dragon marked houses to destroy aberrant Dragon marked.

The inclusion of a new class, the Artificer, which focused on magical item creation and and temporary enchantments.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Sounds like a nifty Setting, think that I've played in it a few times from the sound of it. Looks like I'm probably free on Thursday as well now. Not sure what kind of character I'll make, maybe a Charismatic Rogue.

I'm interested. I'm a solid attendee and team player. Would love to join this adventure. You sound like the DM type I will enjoy playing with as well. I've been in since basic 2 book DnD ...hope to see your game get up and popping soon.

Any word on thhis at all? Did you find enough people.. Just wondering what the status is

Hasn't started. Was going to give it a few days before I made any announcement regarding it. I am currently leaning towards the shackled city adventure path. So hopefully most people haven't read through that

Sounds good to me; never read it.

Curious what Eberron content/house rules/creation procedure will be utilized.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Sounds good to me, be nice to see an experienced D&D player run a adventure path. I've played in a few games recently with new GMs trying to use Adventure paths to lighten their load but it seems to add to the confusion more than anything.

As far as creation rules go....

Pathfinder High Fantasy (25 pts) point buy
    Pathfinder Core and Official Accessories + Eberron Core and Official accessories (I've made some slight modifications to the Artificer and some eberron races in light of the pathfinder rule system)
    While I'm a big fan of classic archtypes, I couldn't be a true eberron fan if I didn't enjoy some of its more exotic options. The starting region will definitely allow for possibilities like lizardfolk or even dragonborn. Back story is important though and while I'm sure there is some accessory or rule that allows somebody to play a unicorn with a flying shark steed, I'd prefer combinations that preserve immersion and group cohesion.

If you have a specific idea you were curious about, feel free to ask. I'm pretty reasonable.
    Last edited by KhybersGhost; February 8th, 2014 at 04:45.

Nope, it was referenced a bit in the last AP in Dungeon, but for most part no.

Where are you thinking of putting the Shackled City?
    Will you be using Action Points?
    Item Creation Feats from Eberron, specifically the less XP, Money, time ones.
    Eternal Wands (3/d wands)
    Dragonmarks?
    Psionics?

Hmm, missed last post when I started writing this.

More important question has a day been selected yet? It looked like Wed. then Thurs were most popular and open.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information