5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

webinstaller cannot install

hi.

i'm guessing my work firewall is preventing fg webinstaller/updater from working because it's not.

is there somewhere i may download a standalone installer?

thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

The installer is just pulling files down like a web browser, so not sure why they would be blocked. My guess is that you don't have admin privileges on the machine, which would prevent the files from being saved to the correct directories (Program Files and App Data). This would be a problem with a standalone installer as well.

There is no standalone installer for FG any longer. You could install on another machines, and transfer the contents of the FG core and data folders to a thumb drive, and copy to the other machine.

However, I would be somewhat concerned that FG may not have the necessary privileges to write to the data directory, given that you don't have the privileges to install. The security is usually a little less strict on user data directories though, so you could give it a try.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    My guess is that you don't have admin privileges on the machine, which would prevent the files from being saved to the correct directories (Program Files and App Data).
    this may be the case.

eh. was gonna do some prepping during downtown at work. not worth it.

thx for prompt reply.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thread Information