STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 21 First ... 1018192021 Last
    I just became a subscriber but I have the port forwarding issue of course. So, before I cancel, can this Hamachi work in a Ultimate sub?

Ι now realised how old this is. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalastrius View Post
    I just became a subscriber but I have the port forwarding issue of course. So, before I cancel, can this Hamachi work in a Ultimate sub?
    Yes, it works for any FG license.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, it works for any FG license.
    Do I have to open a port for it as well? If I have 5 players do I need to pay for it?

Do I have to open a port for it as well?
    No, just follow the instructions in post #1.

If I have 5 players do I need to pay for it?
    No,see the instructions at the bottom of post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Also, there may be other solutions. If you wish to check them out, read the beginning posts here and then reply in that thread with the answers to the 7 questions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I used LogMeIn Hamachi successfully until I made a boneheaded move - one of my players got a new computer and was transferring FG Demo and LogMeIn Hamachi over. I made a (bad) assumption that I should evict his account from his old computer. When he attempted to create a new account on his new computer, he could not join my network. Somehow, it seems to be recognizing his network even though he is trying to create a new account. I couldn't reverse the eviction. Recommendations? I'm thinking about trying a new VPN, maybe a paid version, but would like suggestions. I queried LogMeIn Hamachi for help, but they wouldn't because I am not a paid version.

PureVPN is known as most reliable and I think their Black Friday pricing might be still going. Must have the static IP option.

Blog Entries
    Hey Jocephus86 - Try create a new Hamachi Network at your end and just provide that to the user. You dont have to move anyone else - your computer just needs to be in both networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus86 View Post
    I'm thinking about trying a new VPN, maybe a paid version, but would like suggestions.
    Though I haven't used it specifically for Fantasy Grounds, I've had a good experience with Torguard. You can get dedicated IPs and have ports forwarded. They seem to have sales often during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by malvok View Post
    Though I haven't used it specifically for Fantasy Grounds, I've had a good experience with Torguard. You can get dedicated IPs and have ports forwarded.
    Looking at the Torguard FAQ:

Do you support port forwarding?

Answer: Yes we do, port forwarding is limited to ports above 2048...
    Fantasy Grounds uses port 1802 by default. This wouldn't work out of the box without all FG users using command line switches to change their ports when they run Fantasy Grounds.

PureVPN, with the Static IP Address option, is known to work for Fantasy Grounds without the players having to make any changes on their end.

Thread Information