FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    I have

00-01 Silent Tide
    00-05 Mists of Mwangi
    00-06 Black Waters
    00-09 Eye of the Croc King (not completely done and its retired)
    01-35 Voice in the Void
    03-00 First Steps: Part 1
    03-07 Echoes of the Overwatched
    Great! Please provide a bit more info about what the module contains - you can see examples of this in the "what you get" section in the tables in the post above. Also include any other modules (other than the standard ones that come with FG) whose data is included in the scenario modules. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Great! Please provide a bit more info about what the module contains
    I need you to speak the ancient dwarven language of "Stupid" for me. I just made the games, it includes everything I guess LOL. I custom make all my tokens and pictures and such. If theres a mob that has no picture for it in the PDF I generally Google it and find something so people have something to look at. I have made everything into encounters and I have inserted all the text of the PDF into the game (very little text is missing, maybe less that 1%). I have all the Maps, most are from PDF some I have custom made (not many).

Also Can you write up a process of how we can actually transfer the data.....I would have no clue even how to attempt that?

I need you to speak the ancient dwarven language of "Stupid" for me. I just made the games, it includes everything I guess LOL.
    As you an see in the tables above, I have listed what is included in the FG side of things. Story entries (just boxed text for most of my modules), NPCs, Encounter, Maps, etc.. If it contains 100% of the scenario then say that.

Basically, open your FG campaign and go through the main icons on the right - if there is data in the sections (story, images & map, NPCs, encounters, etc.) then list that as being present.

I custom make all my tokens and pictures and such. If theres a mob that has no picture for it in the PDF I generally Google it and find something so people have something to look at. I have made everything into encounters and I have inserted all the text of the PDF into the game (very little text is missing, maybe less that 1%). I have all the Maps, most are from PDF some I have custom made (not many).
    Please remove any items that you have googled and added to the module. These items are 99% likely to be covered by copyright (even if someone else has broken copyright by putting them on the internet).

If you have created content 100% yourself then you can obviously include this.

As mentioned in the first post - "... and any third party material must be removed because of said copyright laws. This will mean anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed." This includes images and content "Googled". Please don't start a discussion in this thread about what it copyright, what should be copyright, what is right/wrong, etc.. This has been discussed several times on these forums - do a search for "google copyright" in these forums to see the discussions.

Also Can you write up a process of how we can actually transfer the data.....I would have no clue even how to attempt that?
    1. Remove from your FG campaign all material not in the original scenario PDF. This includes maps/images "Googled" and items got from other products. If you have created content 100% yourself then you can obviously include this.
    2. Export your campaign to a module using the /export command typed in the chat window.
    3. Send the resulting .mod file to the GM after confirming they have purchased the scenario PDF.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Don't want to split hairs, but I'd like to know one distinction.

Mike Brock has indicated Vic Wertz, the technical officer, has no problem with campaign copying. Paizo has no problem with this, but do not violate copyright law. Both GM's must have a copy of the scenario, and any third party material must be removed because of said copyright laws. This will mean anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed.
    Does the phrase "and any third party material must be removed because of said copyright laws" consider us (the GMs, not Smite Works) to be a third party and thus our personal content such as tokens have to be removed?

Also does the phrase "anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed" mean that any Paizo material from another product, such as the face cards, have to be removed? I assume yes for sold products but no for Community Use items, though it sounds even Community Use items would have to be removed.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Does the phrase "and any third party material must be removed because of said copyright laws" consider us (the GMs, not Smite Works) to be a third party and thus our personal content such as tokens have to be removed?
    If the extra material you have added is 100% your own work (i.e. you own the copyright of the material) then it is entirely up to you if you include it in the module you pass on to another GM - because you hold the copyright.

The thing to remember here is that if you pass on material to another GM there is a chance that GM will pass it on to another GM and so on and so forth. Hence you are distributing material and have to ensure that the material you are distributing is covered by the OGL, a community/common use statement or you have permission of the copyright holder to distribute that material. Now, we have permission from the copyright holder (Paizo) to distribute only the contents of the their scenario PDF to someone else who owns the same product. Any material that is 100% your own work you own the copyright on - so it is up to you how you distribute your work.

Unless, as part of the distribution agreement, Paizo are asking us to only include material from a single Paizo product and base FG material in the FG module, which they might be (see my next comment below).

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Also does the phrase "anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed" mean that any Paizo material from another product, such as the face cards, have to be removed? I assume yes for sold products but no for Community Use items, though it sounds even Community Use items would have to be removed.
    Can you ask this directly to the online VLs please - perhaps in the original thread that Arthur posted? This thread is meant to keep track of the modules people are willing to share. Thanks.

I will have to consult with the elder gods, I suspect it may be some time before you see an answer. It is perhaps better to play it safe for now than unintentionally violate anything. Hopefully this wont cause too much of a kerfuffle.

Bumpety, bump!

Everyone wanted this to happen and appeared so excited when it did - but where are the hoards of GMs wanting to share their modules??

but where are the hoards of GMs wanting to share their modules??
    Great question!

Not sure if I count as a hoard but I am getting back on track and should have time for fg soon. Pfs generally fills the gaps between the other games I run/play, so its the first to go when I am busy.
    Sorting out my module list for the fg community is one of the first things on my,list.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Am I right in thinking that the module i export wont include any tokens if the tokens are stored in my fg token folder rather than the campaign token folder?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Thread Information