FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 39 of 44 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Don’t use it in Unity. See comments at the top of this page.
    Aw man. Missed that! Thanks

I would like to use layers to place pointers underneath the player tokens (auras, light). This usually is a hassle, because player tokens always supersede pointers when they are on top of each other. My idea was to place the pointers in the middle layer in order to be able to grab/move pointers that are centered beneath a player token. Unfortunately even on the lower layers player tokens from the top layer supersede pointers and thus the token is grabbed/moved and not the pointer.

Is there any way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I would like to use layers to place pointers underneath the player tokens (auras, light). This usually is a hassle, because player tokens always supersede pointers when they are on top of each other. My idea was to place the pointers in the middle layer in order to be able to grab/move pointers that are centered beneath a player token. Unfortunately even on the lower layers player tokens from the top layer supersede pointers and thus the token is grabbed/moved and not the pointer.

Is there any way around this?
    The tokens on the bottom layer are just indicators of what's on the top layer, to assist with unmasking,etc. - if you move them on the bottom layer the master token on the top layer doesn't move. So move them out of the way and draw your pointers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick answer!

Indeed, but once I switch to the top layer those tokens move back to their original position. So every time I need to move the pointer I also need to move the token first, which leaves me were I began without using layers. If those tokens are only indicators, would it not be better to give them lower grab/move priority over objects that originate on the lower layers (aka pointers should be on top of them and be movable)?

I suspect that the latter is not possible within FGC, so unfortunately layers don't seem to be the solution to the token vs. pointers problem. Same problem applies to pins on the lower layers.

If those tokens are only indicators, would it not be better to give them lower grab/move priority over objects that originate on the lower layers (aka pointers should be on top of them and be movable)?
    That can't be done in an extension. The hierarchy is built into the image control.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just as suspected. Bad luck. Thanks for the help anyway.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 1st, 2020 at 22:14.

Would it be possible to disable the indicator tokens on lower layers via switch or via commenting out some lines in the code?

...via commenting out some lines in the code?
    You can do this in your local copy.

In the extension scripts\manager_layer_tokens.lua file put if true then return; end as the first line in the showLayerTokens function.

Code:
    function showLayerTokens(windowinstance, sourcelayer, targetlayer)
    	if true then return; end
    	local sourceLayerScale = 1;
    	local targetLayerScale = 1;

Thanks for the code, I will give it a try!

Edit: Unfortunately this causes some problems, especially with pointers on the middle and lower layer. So I will leave it at that and just keep moving things around.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 2nd, 2020 at 23:41.

I noticed that tokens placed on the lower and middle layer cannot use "reset individual token scales" (CTRL + middle-clicked or menu dial). On the upper layer it seems to work.

Feature request: Keyboard short-cuts to quickly switch layers instead of having to mouse-click.

Thanks for the extension!
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 13th, 2020 at 01:08.

Thread Information