FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 41 of 44 First ... 313940414243 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ttritten View Post
    Can someone point me to the post that describes the commands this extension uses?
    I have it enabled, and I have some tokens on my map, but the whole "right-click menu" to select a layer for the token thing isn't working. My right-click menu doesn't have anything referencing layers.
    There's no right-click menu to select a layer (not sure where you're getting that from). The layer control is in the image toolbar - open the image toolbar with the down-arrow button to the right of the image name if you're not seeing the toolbar.

the only right-click option is for the resize to grid functionality for face-to-face games - see the link in post #1 to the thread describing this functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I thought I saw something upthread about right-clicking. No worries.
    Ok, I see the layers button on the top menu of the image...how do I take a token and move it between the layers?

how do I take a token and move it between the layers?
    You can't move them. Remove the token from one layer and then re-add it to another layer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok...that makes sense.
    Thanks!

Ok...sorry to be a bother...
    I'm trying to create a boat with the PCs on it.
    The boat is a NPC (vehicle) that I've created a token for and put it on the map at the middle layer.
    I've then placed all the PCs "in" the boat at the top layer.
    Everything looks good...until I try to move them.
    It seems that I can only move the tokens on whatever layer is selected from the layer menu at the top of the image.
    So, I can either move the boat OR the PCs....but not both.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Ok...sorry to be a bother...
    I'm trying to create a boat with the PCs on it.
    The boat is a NPC (vehicle) that I've created a token for and put it on the map at the middle layer.
    I've then placed all the PCs "in" the boat at the top layer.
    Everything looks good...until I try to move them.
    It seems that I can only move the tokens on whatever layer is selected from the layer menu at the top of the image.
    So, I can either move the boat OR the PCs....but not both.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Tokens are individual graphics. They aren't tied to anything else. FG has no idea that a token is a boat, or a person in a boat, or any other thing - a token is just a single, individual, graphical object. So FG has no idea that you, as a GM, want to put tokens representing PCs in a token representing a boat, and then move them together. There is nothing that tells FG that is what you're trying to do.

And, yes, you can only interact with tokens on one layer at a time, that is one of the key pieces of functionality of this extension.

I'd recommend that you read, and digest, the things to note and the issues list in posts #1 and #2 - hopefully this will give you a better idea what can and can't be done with this extension.

Thanks.

There is a paid for extension that allows token stacking and thus moving them as a combined stack. For unfortunatelly the stacking and layer extensions are not compatible with each other.

I actually figured out a workaround.
    If I put the boat and the PCs on the same layer, put the boat down first, put the PC's "in" the boat, and then use the Select Mode to select the entire boat, PCs and all, and it makes the whole thing movable as a group.
    It meets my needs for what I was hoping to accomplish.
    Thanks for all the advice and help!!

Disregard, didn't notice the do not use with unity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Olmac1; July 31st, 2020 at 20:32.

Thread Information