STAR TREK 2d20
Page 40 of 44 First ... 303839404142 ... Last
    Bug or feature?

When a non CT token is put on the top layer with tokens being unlocked then the moment a player clicks on such a token it is moved from the top to the bottom layer. This causes said tokens not to be controllable by players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I noticed that tokens placed on the lower and middle layer cannot use "reset individual token scales" (CTRL + middle-clicked or menu dial). On the upper layer it seems to work.
    When a non CT token is put on the top layer with tokens being unlocked then the moment a player clicks on such a token it is moved from the top to the bottom layer. This causes said tokens not to be controllable by players anymore.
    I can't recreate either of these.

Please provide a screenshot of the chat window after loading the campaign, and give exact steps to recreate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1. Curiously I cannot recreate the missing "reset individual token scale" problem today, regardless of other extensions being loaded or not. Yesterday the corresponding menu dial entry/icon was entirely missing on the two lower layers (and ctrl + middle-click did nothing). I will keep an eye on this one.

2. I found the cause for the other problem of tokens being send to the bottom layer. Enhanced Image Stacker seems to be incompatible with "Critically Awesome Essentials"' token stacker. The sending no CT tokens to bottom when a player clicks on them happens when both extensions are loaded. Additionally when tokens are stacked then all stacked non CT tokens are sent to the bottom layer even when the GM tries to move them. This results in CAE creating new tokens with every move as the old ones are "deleted" (moved to bottom) and thus a trails of tokens being drawn.

3. This image also demonstrates another oddity: When you select a token on a lower layer and then switch to a higher layer then the dark selection circle of the lower layer stays on the map. I selected one token on each layer here, so we see three selection circles, one circle on each layer. This only happens when I switch from a lower to a higher layer. The other way around the selection circles are removed until I switch back to said layer, then they are redrawn.

4. When a map is reset via "Revert changes" then the image window has to be closed and reopened in order for the top layer to work. Else its grid and zoom limits are screwed up. This happens regardless of other extensions being active.

This is all using the PFRPG2 ruleset. Nothing of note in the chat window.

Last edited by Weissrolf; July 13th, 2020 at 09:14.

Every time I zoom - aka do a single tick on the scroll wheel - a console warning is output, depending on which layer is active while zooming.

Top layer: Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image)
    Middle layer: Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
    Bottom layer: Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)

This does not happen when I hold CTRL and use the lower right map icon to zoom in/out smoothly.

3. This image also demonstrates another oddity: When you select a token on a lower layer and then switch to a higher layer then the dark selection circle of the lower layer stays on the map. I selected one token on each layer here, so we see three selection circles, one circle on each layer. This only happens when I switch from a lower to a higher layer. The other way around the selection circles are removed until I switch back to said layer, then they are redrawn.
    That's how it work. The layers provide a direct view of the underlying layers, but you can't interact with the layer unless you're on it. So, if you do something on a lower layer (like select a token) and switch to another layer, then the token is still selected on that layer and so shows that it is selected.

4. When a map is reset via "Revert changes" then the image window has to be closed and reopened in order for the top layer to work. Else its grid and zoom limits are screwed up. This happens regardless of other extensions being active.
    Thanks for reporting, I've added this to the issues list. I don't think this will be possible to fix, so it's something to be aware of.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Every time I zoom - aka do a single tick on the scroll wheel - a console warning is output, depending on which layer is active while zooming.

Top layer: Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image)
    Middle layer: Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
    Bottom layer: Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)

This does not happen when I hold CTRL and use the lower right map icon to zoom in/out smoothly.
    These are warning and can be ignored. It's FG stopping recursive events, which is a good thing.

I get the warnings when using both the mouse wheel and the CTRL-zoom button.

Fantastic extension, thank you!

Given that it has been around for many years and demand seems low I suspect I know the answer, but for posterity - I don't suppose there's any chance of solving the hex grid problem? The layers concept would be hyper-useful for the ToA hexcrawl.

Quote Originally Posted by doredras View Post
    Given that it has been around for many years and demand seems low I suspect I know the answer, but for posterity - I don't suppose there's any chance of solving the hex grid problem? The layers concept would be hyper-useful for the ToA hexcrawl.
    Try setting the grid to square first, and then change to hex. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post314922

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try setting the grid to square first, and then change to hex. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post314922
    Aha! That seems to work, thanks. I had searched the thread for 'hex' and gotten zero results, must be too short a query.

Regardless, that did the trick. It only works if the grid is applied to the top layer, which is probably intentional? After converting to Hex the snap-to was misaligned with the actual grid, but using a hex-shaped token I used the grid alignment controls to match them up and now it seems to work just fine.

This is going to be a huge headache-saver, appreciated.

Edit: Oh, and sidenote - I went digging around in the extension a bit last night to try and understand what it was doing and really appreciated how well commented your code is - clear notation for each function. Kudos!
    Last edited by doredras; July 29th, 2020 at 23:54.

Can someone point me to the post that describes the commands this extension uses?
    I have it enabled, and I have some tokens on my map, but the whole "right-click menu" to select a layer for the token thing isn't working. My right-click menu doesn't have anything referencing layers.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks.

Thread Information