5E Character Create Playlist

Full module description - documentation?

Is there a full documentation about constructing module somewhere?

Like the exact definition of what can go into definition.xml, directory structure, and so on.

Of course not. You think this place is organized? ;P

Here are the supported definition.xml tags:
    * name = [REQUIRED] Name of module
    * author = Author of module
    * ruleset = [REQUIRED][MULTIPLE] Rulesets which this module is built for. Can be set to "Any" value to match every ruleset.
    * category = Category of module
    * replaces = [MULTIPLE] Can specify that this module replaces a previous module. (i.e. if a link exists in a campaign which points to the old module, the link will instead point to the current module with the same DB path.)

Note: The current Library implementation for all rulesets uses the Author value to generate the section headers. I tried changing it for v3.x, but the backward compatibility killed it. (Lots of modules are already built with this assumption, so I can't just update the ruleset.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks

No specific taxonomy established for category?

Anything specific for the root tag?

I generated with FG a token module, it got me this:

Code:
    <root version="3.0" release="1|CoreRPG:1">
    Meaning I suppose it's for the 3.0 FG engine, what about the release?

This is the version information for the ruleset that generated the module. If the module depends on any layers, then the layers are appended to the ruleset version number.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks.

Got another question: the .mod is in fact a .zip, but what kind of compression FG handle? (zip being a container not a compression algorithm, deflate is usually used I think but one could easily put some bzip2 or lzma in here). Any other container?

Can i change a old module to match a new ruleset? with that thing of "Any" ?? how i do this sorry...
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Blacky,
    FG uses a pretty basic compression library. I'll let you research.
    https://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/minizip.html

Blue Haven,
    Maybe. You can change the definition.xml to have a ruleset value of Any; and you will be able to open the module in any ruleset. Whether the various window classes assumed in the module are defined in the ruleset, and whether the data fields align is a different issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the info.

For archive purpose: FantasyGrounds handle ZIP container (no tar, no gzip), but the improved 7-Zip .zip container is fine (.zip one, not the true .7z container). It handles deflate (not deflate64) compression only it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    Blacky,
    FG uses a pretty basic compression library. I'll let you research.
    https://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/minizip.html

Blue Haven,
    Maybe. You can change the definition.xml to have a ruleset value of Any; and you will be able to open the module in any ruleset. Whether the various window classes assumed in the module are defined in the ruleset, and whether the data fields align is a different issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you so much friend
    Big Hugs
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thread Information