STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 30 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Anyone have a link to the VPS tutorial / instructions?

I will be happy to give that a try, even spend some cash on it, but the issue may be that I am behind NAT and dynamic IP on Verizon LTE so the server has to be a rented server that I can somehow manage to access over Verizon LTE and still make it work.

Port forwarding can sometimes be a rather big pain in the butt. Using VPN might be a good solution on this occasion. For it, you have to follow various things as like When testing your port forwarding to your computer make sure to use a good VPN. Such as FrootVPN, NordVPN, IPVANISH, SEFERVPN, ExpressVPN. Because those are very renown VPN at present time. By using these VPNs you can easily figure out you matter. I make a list that of mistakes those we used to do on Port forwarding,

> Wrong IP address in the port forwarding rule.
    > Firewall settings in the router.
    > Firewalls in Windows, Linux & Mac
    >Corrupted/Broken Windows Firewall
    > Wrong Connection Type Setting
    Always ignore these types of mistakes by using a good VPN service provider it is very easy to do Port forwarding.

Which VPN service is best to use with FS? My PureVPN is not working properly... Now the external and internal ip number is always the same, no matter what type and connection I choose.
    For the record, i'm trying connect from Brazil.

Blog Entries
    I assume you are using the private IP service? And that you contacted PureVPN customer service to ask if they have an issue as they had one in the USA a few weeks ago.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Govanon View Post
    WNow the external and internal ip number is always the same, no matter what type and connection I choose.
    Close Fantasy Grounds completely before you connect the VPN. Wait until the PureVPN client registers and IP address and then start Fantasy Grounds - this makes sure it uses the PureVPN IP address for alias connectivity and the connection test.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've seen a lot of people having trouble logging in to their matches, some people manage to free up port 1802, some are not so lucky and resort to a VPN, but the question is the following with the coming of Fantasy Grounds Unity these problems connection will heal ... or will we still have problems with port 1802?
    Would better communication be possible if IPV6 was used instead of IPV4?

Blog Entries
    IPv6 wont change how ports work. It will help those users who have shared IPv4 (mostly Euro but some other places too)...
    The Devs are looking at having a brokered option which will solve the 1802/port-forward issue for those that want to use it...
    Note this is hearsay and not to be taken as gospel until/unless you see it in action...

Damned I play with Govanon and until about 15 days ago we could play using PureVPN, because the Internet Provider he uses does not release port 1802, but after Fantasy Grounds was upgraded to 3.3.2 we could not get any more connect to the game that Master, because the internal and extensive IP addresses are the same and should be different, since it could pass the external ip generated by PureVPN or Alias and played normally, I would like to know if there is any solution for this kind of problem?

None of the networking code was changed in v3.3.2, so not sure why it would have changed behavior. Perhaps security software is blocking network access, since the executable was updated?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information